Topic: WOW - a theme design contest for punbb

hi all.  i'm trying to start up a theme design contest.  check out http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=3827 for more info.

i hate to cross post but i wanted to get the word out here at the official punbb website

Re: WOW - a theme design contest for punbb

I don't mean to be rude, but 100 USD for ?I want it to blow my freakin' socks off.  it should look completely different from anything done for punbb in the past.  a theme that does this kick ass code justice.? is out of the question.

3 (edited by eric235u 2007-09-10 10:55)

Jérémie wrote:

I don't mean to be rude, but 100 USD for ?I want it to blow my freakin' socks off.  it should look completely different from anything done for punbb in the past.  a theme that does this kick ass code justice.? is out of the question.

thought 1:  the amount of money is small.  good point.  but it's the most i can afford to offer.  since there are a number of commercial websites that benefit from punbb i invite them to join me and sweeten the prize.  more developers would be encouraged i'm sure if it was $500 or (i wish) $1,000.  so i hear what you're saying, but we must start somewhere.  i offer what i have.  it's understandable if you desire not to participate and i'm sure a professional designer feels the same.  (he'd really have to love punbb to take time away from some high paying client!)

thought 2:  most people hacking on punbb are probably students and hobbyists.  my mods aren't for cash, they're for fun.  i figure their themes are of similar motivation.  so if we could get a couple budding bad ass designers to submit something the entire punbb community will benefit.

thought 3:  my wording of "..blow my freakin' socks off.." is merely an attempt to get people to think outside the box and not just taking an old theme and changing a color.

you're not rude.  i value your opinion (you've been a community member much longer than i). 

thanks.

just a bump.

look over here.