path to punBB folder

My site [PHP, Python, Linux]

Re: Wordpress integration plugin :)

Ok Riklaunim !! Thanks, but I think I put the right path. smile
I'll try again. and give the path and url. ^_^

Benoît V.
My Board

I've managed to get PunBB installed and linked to WordPress. Now, when I create a new user in WordPress, a new user is created in PunBB too.

1.  How do I get punBB displayed in a page in Wordpress, so that it uses the same theme a WP ?

2.  When users in WP edit their profile, there is an error :

WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'anil' in 'where clause']
UPDATE pun_users SET email='anil@unilrn.com' WHERE username = anil

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 491

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 492

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 493

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 480

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/scorpiof/public_html/drive/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 390

What could be wrong ?

1.  I don't know
2. in the plugin file find:

$wpdb->query("UPDATE ".PUNPREFIX."users SET email='".$wpuser->user_email."' WHERE username = ".$wpuser->user_login."");

change to:

$wpdb->query("UPDATE ".PUNPREFIX."users SET email='".$wpuser->user_email."' WHERE username = '".$wpuser->user_login."'");

should help

Thanks, that worked !

What is the Quicktag to insert for getting punBB forums in a page ?

31 (edited by detrom 2007-11-06 12:25)

Hi, firt of all thanks for the plugin.

I have installed the plugin but I get no errors and users are not been redirecting to my punbb forum. I check forum user data base and I only have one user listed(administrator).

Anyone have any ideas to fix that?

EDITED: Ok users are now on my forum db, but i have one new problem, all password on the data base have this value "BRAK". How can copy passwords from wp db to pun forum db?

Sorry about my english.

"BRAK" is a "blank" password for punBB part of the plugin. It will be updated as soon as user loggin to WP.

Ok thanks Riklaunim.

Just one more question. If I edit login.php as you say, when i try to login, it redirects me to wordpress login. After i get logged i go back to my forum but it doesnt appear has logged in. What can i do?

Sorry again about my english.

It should work like that + log in user in punBB. If you use different subdomains for forum and wordpress then in punBB config.php you have to set cookie domain to your domain.

Hi, i have forum.domain.com to my forum and domain.com to wp blog. I have to set cookie="domain.com" or "forum.domain.com"?

If i use the normal login.php without wordpress redirect, it will work?

domain.com

Hi Riklaunim, i think i have all done but when y try to login into my forum it redirect me to wordpress login. After login on wordpress i write forum url on firefox but im not loged in.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

well it should loggin you to punBB also. Are you using WP 2.3? The plugin works with 2.2 but there are some problems with WP 2.3.

Other problem may be with cookie handling...

39 (edited by detrom 2007-11-07 21:56)

I, i have wp 2.2.3, i think cookies are the problem.

If i dont redirect login.php it will work?

punBB should redirect as you can't use punBB login system. You must login in WP.

I have set domain.com for confing.php cookie, but i doesnt works. Maybe is another problem?

$cookie_path should be domain.com and it should work then.

43 (edited by detrom 2007-11-07 22:04)

i this is my config.php:

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = 'mydomain.com';
$cookie_path = '/';

is correct?

try with  Re: $cookie_path set to domain.com  smile

Ok now:

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = 'mydomain.com';
$cookie_path = 'mydomain.com';

I set config.php but i doesnt work again.

if i use WWW.mydomain.com? Maybe this is the problem because i use in htacess a redirect from mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com

$cookie_domain = '';

and you don't put www. in domain names

47 (edited by detrom 2007-11-08 20:44)

Thanks for all Riklaunim,

It doenst work. Can i use your e-mail of gmail to use gtalk to solve the problem?

OK ALL WORKS FINE, here are my settings if anyone have same problems:

I use domain.com and forum.domain.com

config.php only change this

$cookie_domain = 'domain.com';
$cookie_path = '/';

and at jl-punn.php i only change two things:

define('PUNPATH', '../forum.domain.com/'); // path to punbb folder
define('PUNPREFIX', 'pun_'); // punBB table prefix, -----> Yo can use another prefix or use blank if none.

THANKS FOR ALL RIKLAUNIM ;-)

I'm wondering if anyone got this to work with WP 2.3.1???

It works on 2.3.1 on my localhost without any changes.

I tested it. It works fine for me smile

But why you have choose Wordpress side login ?

With that system, if a member want change something on his Punbb profil (sign, avatar, and other things...), he can't do it.  neutral
If you look at Logicfury CMS, it's possible to change pass and name with a bridge, with access to Punbb profil or CMS profil without any changes the user profil panel. big_smile

Can you make the same thing for wordpress ? tongue

Benoît V.
My Board