Topic: New User - How to Find Version Number

Hi. I'm new. So new, I don't even have a copy of my own PunBB.

I have a local user group I gave some free hosting space to and they use PunBB (hey user groups helped me get started in my early days, it's nice to give back to my local ones). I've got some weird entries in my server logs and I wanted to rule out PunBB and anything else the group is doing on the server (they know more about this stuff than the average bear and hence can get in more trouble).

The main thing I'm looking for is how do I tell what version they are using without logging in as Admin? Is it possible for me to tell? I do have root access to the server so I can look at code but I don't want to mess with their site at all (yes I could ask them, but it will take a couple of days to find the right person and have them get back to me).

After that, I think I might have to take a look at PunBB. I have a non-profit that needs a forum tool and I'm not keen on phpBB (I don't need to go into details and I don't want to slam them, I know they just came out with an update and I'm sure it's nice). I'd just like to take a look and learn some more.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Art

Re: New User - How to Find Version Number

If you have phpmyadmin you can look in the config table or go to the cache dir where the config is cached.

3 (edited by Utchin 2008-01-08 16:08)

Re: New User - How to Find Version Number

I dont belive you can find out what version they are using from the site unless you are mod or admin...

All the files get the version from the database.. so in PREFIX_config there will be a version... that will be the one that the site is running..

Though im not that sure ( depends on the error) if the version number will help??

EDIT: same as FSX lol tongue

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.