Topic: U.S. Marine vs. College professor

God's Busy

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.  One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked  to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still  waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot.   So, He sent me." 

If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid remarks!!!!!!!

lmao>>> I had to share this with you!
Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Re: U.S. Marine vs. College professor

I think that sums up religion quite nicely. smile

intedinmamma wrote:

you mean "you think that this sums up religion quite nicely?"

Do explain your reason or thoughts on your remark?

I have not seen a great debate on punbb in a while..

Q

Hehe tongue, cool action from that marine.

quaker wrote:
intedinmamma wrote:

you mean "you think that this sums up religion quite nicely?"

Do explain your reason or thoughts on your remark?

That any religion won't exist (or do any difference for that matter) without it's believers. It's the faith itself that does it, not what you believe in. (I don't mean values, norms and such, I mean "God", "Allah", or whatever it's called in your current area code) Your norms, values and alikes are just a part of the culture that you've been influenced by the most, may it be the bible, MTV or php.net.

I dont see the reason for a debate really, cause I don't need to convince anyone that I'm right. (It's enough that I myself believe in it, and there ya go, a new religion. wink)

Intedinmamma, I completely agree with you on the your outlook of religion. just that sometimes that is the hardest thing to talk about with people.

I was not trying to debate to start a fight or argument. I was basically asking your's or anyone outlook..

Thank you for sharing your option.

Anyone else care to comment?

Q

Well, it's not that strange that people get upset when someone questions their view on life, sometimes more.

I agree there too.
Even when dating I find that each person has there own beliefs and you have to mix the two belief's is sometimes hard.
But that is the right to believe what you want and how you want without anyone else saying something different.

So, for the people who are against the freedom of religious right! Don't stand on the platform!  Because there is always someone or something greater that will  knock you off.

Q