1 (edited by Geoffrey 2007-09-17 06:15)

Topic: PunBB Poll MOD

After going over to PunRes (aswell as searching this forum) I came across about 4 PunBB Poll MOD's.
1) Wrong coding and unclear readme
2) Way too many bugs
3) Way too many bugs
4) Project outdated.
(At least, this is what I've read anyway)
So with this is mind, does anyone actually have one that works? I'd really like one, thanks smile

Re: PunBB Poll MOD

Yes, I'm have  a good idea: Create a MOD Team for approve the mods. Equal to phpBB Mod Team: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=81

the problem is search experience developers for create this team, I'm offered for this project... smile

Yes, we're considering ways to make the process better and one of those is more stringent guidelines for modifications/extensions.

Here's the poll mod to use:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=60

This mods have some problems and errors...

I have decided when I have more free time to change some code for more semplicity and compatibility.

Thanks for links smile

Yeah, Smartys:
That MOD is DEFINATLEY got millions of bugs
Half the codes that he's speaking about doesn't exist (so many he installed it on a modded version, therefore I have some missing code, or whataver)
He is missing out things such as }
It needs some work

I haven't had any problems installing that mod in the past: could you give me some examples?

I agree. I have 2 sites using that mod and 1 site using the Poll + mod which is working fine.

I would also appreciate these 'millions' of bugs you have found. wink

I have, I find that the code differs from the most recent PunBB version...some of the code just isn;t found.
Also StevenBullen, if you had read my post, you would have seen that I said that I had read about all these bugs in the MODs official topic...

Erm, if you have any bugs please email them to me. As far as I know the mod should work correctly with current version of punbb, It may require minor changes but not many. As for refering to code that doesn't exist thats _highly_ unlikely. All my mods are coded on clean versions of punbb then packaged, so there is no way I would reference code that doesn't exist, unless I am adding compatability with another of my mods.

I enjoy pie :)

What you mean in saying "bugs"? Security? or Errors?

11 (edited by Namaless 2007-09-22 03:06)

I need time to reinstall.

No find bugs, but for installation is get more skill for install this mod.

I need a poll mod that works with version PunBB 1.2.12

I've heavily modded my site, and I'm worried that if I upgrade, it'll wreck alot of things. Does anyone have a poll mod that will work with my version. I've searched, and most of the time I get file no longer exists

The mod I linked to should work

it worked after changing the version number in the install file. thanks