Topic: PunBB 1.3 CSS

Hi,
I would like to know if the CSS 1.3 is near to be completly "stable" or if majors changes can arrived ?

i ask that to know if i can start to work on this new CSS wink

Kind Regards.

Re: PunBB 1.3 CSS

I think majors changes are happening right now, but I may be wrong.

Either way, I doubt Paul will commit to a stable stage until the beta (or even the RC) is out.

I believe we're pretty close to final right now. However, there's lots of left over crap that Paul is going to clean out (hopefully today) to make it more manageable.

But don't take my word for it. The lord (Paul that is) works in mysterious ways smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yeah, with short short short close close close.

Welcome to my WoW guild site, the Eternal Reach.

You can also visit Chita, a site built by me, a feral paradise for feline animals.

5 (edited by Paul 2008-01-29 03:35)

I really wouldn't start work. There is going to be a tidy up tonight when hopefully the last of the new markup gets committed and then the legacy stylesheets get zapped.  The stylesheets need reworking. Its now obvious a few classes are redundant and some can be combined and as you can see the colour scheme and ie stylesheets are not exactly pretty. However, what I would say is most of whats left is form related.

Here is my todo list

- tidy up new stylesheets
- minor css and markup tweaks that will presnet themselves during tidyup and xml parser testing

For those that think the above still looks like a lot of work, its actually easily less than a day. I'm saying nothing about the backend though, I know my place.

Once the beta is released it should be relatively safe to start working on it. Any changes after that will hopefully be minor. They should consist of bug fixes and accessibility tweaks.

I would encourage people to start messing with the css as soon as the beta is released. You may end up with a little of your time wasted becasue of minor changes but the more people who are trying it out the more likely it is deficiencies will come to light sooner rather than later.

In 1.2 you had a few class's that people could use anywhere... for example block, inbox, box, etc...

Will 1.3 have something simliar yeah?

Will it be possible to convert current styles over to the new ones or is that a dumb question that has already been asked?

StevenBullen: Anywhere? I don't know about that, but I believe there will be equivalent classes, yes.
bingiman: If you're talking about "the CSS class block has been renamed to foobar" or something like that, no. The markup has changed too much.

Thanks Smartys

10 (edited by Paul 2008-01-29 01:42)

Updated todo list.

And again.

your working hard tonight paul tongue
good work keep it going smile

And again.

That seems to be that. Just fixing and tweaking left until I hear different from my youngers and betters.

14 (edited by fmimoso 2008-01-29 12:17)

So, can we mess around with the css with some confidence that it won't change too much? big_smile

By the way, foxmask, the people in punbb.fr should share some of the goods you have over there, over here or at punres... smile
Not all of us speak french too well... or english for that matter, but that's not the point. big_smile

fmimoso wrote:

So, can we mess around with the css with some confidence that it won't change too much? big_smile

By the way, foxmask, the people in punbb.fr should share some of the goods you have over there, over here or at punres... smile
Not all of us speak french too well... or english for that matter, but that's not the point. big_smile

you can translate the page with google translator you know wink

I'm curios, at the start of each 'section' in the CSS you have a 'header', but why is there an equals sign?

Examples (from Oxygen.css):

/* Start from scratch
----------------------------------------------------------=--*/
/* Text Setup
/*************************************************************
B - FLOAT CLEARING AND HIDDEN STUFF
**************************************************************/

/* Clear Me

Probably because its next to hyphen key and my finger wandered. Its gone now.

Paul wrote:

Probably because its next to hyphen key and my finger wandered. Its gone now.

Yeah, I figured it was a typo. big_smile

Here I was trying to figure out the secret crypto behind the hyphen!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."