Topic: Languages

I will create a German language pack.
Who will do the other languages?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Re: Languages

Someone who knows the other language.

Welcome to my WoW guild site, the Eternal Reach.

You can also visit Chita, a site built by me, a feral paradise for feline animals.

I will do Lithuanian.

I will very probably do French.

I will do norwegian smile

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

btw, can you use wildcards in stopwords?

7 (edited by sypie 2008-01-30 18:38)

Why aren't all scripts made to put in a different language?  I tried to make the admin area in Dutch, hell of a job. Would be good that someone organised a group that creates all the scripts translatable. I could do it so that we can offer PunBB a full translatable forum in any language and more easy to customize by the users.

EDIT: Excuse, i didn't see that this was the 1.3 area. Anyone who knows about the easier translating of all the scripts? (even the admin area?)

sypie: PunBB 1.3 is fully translatable. Admin as well as the install script.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I may do Spanish Latin American

emxgarcia

I'll do the italian translation.

When is the language system ready for translation?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

I'll do the Icelandic version.

Jérémie wrote:

@Jérémie : the official support of PunBB in French (and provider of the french language pack) is Punbb.fr.
Ur welcome to contribute if u wish...
Note: we (the staff at punbb.fr) don't already have planned neither begun anything on 1.3 localization, we're just beginning to test, so if u have parts already done, it will be appreciated.

14 (edited by salomao4u 2008-02-09 00:57)

Good work. Translation applications cease to be desired.
I also created a pack to Brazillian Portuguêse for the Megapun mod. Not yet published because it is not well adapted to the original version. Perhaps even publish a pack to the new version of pun.

15 (edited by TradeCZ 2008-02-10 12:45)

The Czech translation will be soon;)

Czech and Slovakia support - http://punbb.er.cz/

I hope not, since the English language packs aren't even done.

I'll do the Hungarian...

Smartys wrote:

I hope not, since the English language packs aren't even done.

[Request] : please keep (as much as possible) the organization of the different keys as it was in 1.2, that will ease the translation process, as we can see (with program like 'Winmerge') the keys which are common to the old version (the translation of these is more likely the same it was).

We move things around as required and change the values as required. Language pack authors should NOT rely on the English for a given key being the same, although it may be in certain cases.

Meant to ease precisely these "certain cases"... wink
But it's not a big deal anyway.

I will do the chinese simple translation.

22 (edited by coolhd 2008-02-11 05:57)

Translation for Chinese is get ready.
Anyone wants to get a test in chinese can go to here.
Chinese for Punbb 1.3 beta

Mpok wrote:
Jérémie wrote:

@Jérémie : the official support of PunBB in French (and provider of the french language pack) is Punbb.fr.

I kinda know that punbb.fr is a support site for PunBB, and a source of 1.2 French language files. I better know that, since you are basing your 1.2 translation on my extensive revisions & corrections of the original French lang files.

Ur welcome to contribute if u wish...

Well, since based on your homepage all I do is giving Pun users bad advice that will break their Pun install (still waiting on that, by the way) I think I will do my own, thank you very much. More important, I have higher quality standard, and haven't got the time to walk you guys through writing unicode texts again, or explain French typographic and syntax rules; it's just faster to do it right the first time.

how far is the german language? need help?

25 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-02-13 11:17)

Frybot wrote:

how far is the german language? need help?

Translation is being left until told so by Rickard or co. The german chap may want help though. tongue