Topic: New signup moderation

I don't know if this was asked before, but here goes smile

In some forum packages there is the possibility of the user signing up, but then  placed in queue awaiting moderator approval before being accepted.... does PunBB have this feature?

Cheers,

S

Re: New signup moderation

no, PunBB doesnt have this feature, and it seems almost pointless. if you want people to be mods, you make them be a mod. you could install the PM mod if you want, and do it that way.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Gary13579: That's not what he asked for. He wants to be able to approve new registrations, that's all.

ifrit: Currently not. However, once PunBB 1.2 is released, you will be a few steps closer. It won't have the functionality "out of the box", but you could setup the forums so that new users are placed in a user group with very restricted permissions. Then create (or have someone else) a simple plugin for the admin/moderator interface that lists users in that user group and gives admins and moderators the ablility to assign them to a proper user group. Just a thought.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

4 (edited by Peter 2008-01-30 15:08)

Has this been added now? I really need to add something like this to my forum, which is a business networking type forum.

I need to prevent multi-level marketers and Nigerian scammers from signing up as users. Any suggestions?

I've just started looking into this. An approval queu (with optional email alerts to the admin) would be best.

Yes, you can have a default group for new users with no permissions and manually move users to the real group/