Topic: Can't log in, can't log out

I just started up two different forums, each in their own folder. On one of the forums, I can't log in. When I log in, it says I am not logged in. On the other forum, I can not log out. When I log out, it says I am still logged in. Am I missing something, should I be looking for something on the server? Any idea what's happening?

kbmcdowell

Re: Can't log in, can't log out

In both of the forums, try changing the cookie settings in config.php

elbekko wrote:

In both of the forums, try changing the cookie settings in config.php

Not sure what I should change. Here are the cookie lines in the config.php file. These are original settings:

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'bc0cf25b';

Try starting with $cookie_path.

elbekko wrote:

Try starting with $cookie_path.

I guess I am a total noob. I have no idea what setting $cookie_path should be... I assume the default is good enough, which is "/"

I just cleared cache on my computer, and its back to normal. Thanks.

Just change the cookie names to be something different

I have almost the same problem.

I use 1.2.14 (waiting for 1.3). Some month of more started noticing some log out problems.
Mostly I use only my own computer. So I do not know when it started, but now, on my own computer, I can not log out. It saying that I logged out succesfully and redirects to ... still I havent log out...

Other members have complained similary.

Tried to aply here said cookie_path changes, but did not help. Tried to change as was said in 1.2.17 fix about cookie seed change, but that was even worse - couldnt log in...

So what should I do?

I have had the same problem until i rememberd that I did not use the generate_navlinks() but another function named generate_menulinks() and I also had to change the logout link there.
Maby it helps you people?

kierownik wrote:

I have had the same problem until i rememberd that I did not use the generate_navlinks() but another function named generate_menulinks() and I also had to change the logout link there.
Maby it helps you people?

I doubt that I have something this kind. (I even do not know what is those "generate_navlinks" Problems came like from nowhere - there was no recent modifications...

does your logout link looks like login.php?action=out&id=2&csrf_token=b2593ce435b2038f1420f3723e108cec586abdf0

if not then you did not do the update wright.

Ahmed: Could you provide a link to your forum?

12 (edited by Ahmed 2008-02-21 23:49)

Smartys wrote:

Ahmed: Could you provide a link to your forum?

http://www.forum.islammuslim.lv/

P.S.

I can log in/out on anothers computers, but on my 98% used - not.

Have you changed your cookie settings in config.php recently?

Ahmed wrote:

I can log in/out on anothers computers, but on my 98% used - not.

First thing I'd be trying is a bog standard delete cookies in your browser, if another machine or browser is working fine.

Have you changed your cookie settings in config.php recently?
---------------
No, I did not change till trying to fix problem.

First thing I'd be trying is a bog standard delete cookies in your browser, if another machine or browser is working fine.
---------------
Yes, I deleted cookies, copied back old version of config.php and it is working.

:-)

Thanks.