Topic: Mark messages read

Hi guys, I must be missing something simple. How are th e"Marked as Read" message indicators meant to work ?. At the moment, they stay on for approximately 30 seconds after one has read a post. Then they disapere. I found a mod but it is for an older version, surely this must be a simple thing withing the forum ?. I do not understand why there is a delay.

Cheers

Richard

Re: Mark messages read

1.2 marks any topic as read that has been posted in since your last visit time.

Hi there, thanks for responding but sorry, I do not understand your reply, do you mean Version 1.2 on ?, this rather confusing when it shouldn't be.

Just to be clear, if I visit the forum, and see new messages, denoted by the indicator as new/unread, then I read them, they are still showing as new/unread, and not 'Read' when I return to the main page. Should the indicators not change once the post has been read ?.

Cheers

Richard

No, they shouldn't. As I said, in the current version, 1.2, topics are only marked as read when your last visit time updates. That's why the modification you refer to exists.
In 1.3, the version currently under development, topics are marked as read when you actually read them.

In the current version, which is 1.2, it indicates the forums/topics which have been posted in since your last visit.
This has been changed in 1.3.

So the next update will fix this then ?, ok, I understand now. Thank you for your time and patience.

Best

richard

Not quite fix it, as it isn't a bug.

ok, a mod then ?? :-)

No, the feature has been replaced with another feature that is more common.

ok LOL, understood. Thanks for your patience once again. I haver to agree, much more popular at my end.

Richard