Topic: Default 1.3 styles contest?

Maybe the styles contest that's been discussed could be done BEFORE 1.3 final? And include the top 4-5 styles as default styles? Just a thought. Of course guidelines and rules regarding validation of code would need to be included.

Thoughts?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

2 (edited by FSX 2008-03-02 19:43)

Re: Default 1.3 styles contest?

Or maybe right after the final is released. Maybe the CSS is going to be changed before the the final is released.

I think a contest would be cool ^^. I would certainly make a style for it. But I think there should be a (cool) price for the winner else not much people would join the contest. 2 People at Punres organised a contest and almost nobody joined it.

http://pagedown.co.nz/new/forum

Something I was working on, Smarty said it was too dark. I'll make a lite version when i cba.

PS: this design was similar to the haveamint forum awhile back

d3visi0n wrote:

Something I was working on, Smarty said it was too dark. I'll make a lite version when i cba.

Quilty!!!! nice!

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

d3visi0n wrote:

Smartys right ... its tooooo dark ... why do u need that much dark in ur site that no one can see what is written ...

bitter luck with your next style since i dont like this one ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

SuperMAG wrote:
d3visi0n wrote:

Smartys right ... its tooooo dark ... why do u need that much dark in ur site that no one can see what is written ...

Hm, I believe it comes down to the type of monitor you have, I've tested other such displays at work, and its darker. I designed this on my sony laptop. But yeah I fully agree its too dark. Thus I will not be continuing this one smile

Thanks for the feed back though

d3visi0n wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:
d3visi0n wrote:

Hm, I believe it comes down to the type of monitor you have, I've tested other such displays at work, and its darker. I designed this on my sony laptop. But yeah I fully agree its too dark. Thus I will not be continuing this one smile

Thanks for the feed back though

sorry to see u unhappy ... but i have to be honest with my talk so others can learn

Personaly i like it.. but then i prefer darker sites.. (due to gaming site) but the text could be a bit lighter.. maby white..

I think we got a bit off track here. tongue

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

I think we got a bit off track here. tongue

by the way ... when you say offical 1.3 styles ... do u mean styles with no images like the old offical styles of 1.2 to make it fast or any style which looks bitter. ...

FSX wrote:

Or maybe right after the final is released. Maybe the CSS is going to be changed before the the final is released.

I think a contest would be cool ^^. I would certainly make a style for it. But I think there should be a (cool) price for the winner else not much people would join the contest. 2 People at Punres organised a contest and almost nobody joined it.

what kind of reward are u thinking for it ...

some thing like ... i dont know .. what does punbb users want so badly that will make them make styles for it ....

What makes you think official styles have to be graphics free?

I'd enter a contest big_smile

I'd also enter smile But screw winning a prize or anything. Having your theme in 1.3 is enough smile

d3visi0n wrote:

I'd also enter smile But screw winning a prize or anything. Having your theme in 1.3 is enough smile

+1 !
I'd enter a styles contest smile

It seems no price is needed smile. When does the contest start?

Paul wrote:

What makes you think official styles have to be graphics free?

well all the styles of 1.2 are graphic free ... i thought you guys did that because images takes time to load ...

but if its not a graphic free that will be brillent ...

but i dont the css stuff yet ...

good luck to all the contenders of this contest ..

I'd hit it. You can also do magic without images.

18 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2008-03-03 19:35)

TO ALL: This is just a suggestion. The staff have not endorsed this. For all I know Paul has other plans for the default styles.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

TO ALL: This is just a suggestion. The staff have not endorsed this. For all I know Paul has other plans for the default styles.

where did paul mensioned that ...

by the way ... just for fun ... can any give me the list of punbb developers , doners or whatever ...

and what doner mean any way ...

and who is neal .. i always saw him edit things ... my first hint is smarty ...

SuperMAG wrote:

PunBB Team

* Rickard Andersson: Lead Developer
    * Paul Sullivan: Markup/CSS
    * Connor Dunn: Developer
    * Neal Poole: Developer
    * Frank Hagström: Developer
    * Kristoffer Jansson: Developer
    * Shawn Brown: Developer

SuperMAG wrote:

A donor is someone who has donated money to punbb. You can no longer do this on punbb.org (not sure about punres) becuase of the new owners of the software (or something)

SuperMAG wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

Consider it mentioned. There is no officially endorsed competition and my only plans for the official styles is to finish them and then take a very very long break.

I just say go for gold making styles, regardless if they're going to be official or not. The more styles the better.

matt1298 wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

PunBB Team

* Rickard Andersson: Lead Developer
    * Paul Sullivan: Markup/CSS
    * Connor Dunn: Developer
    * Neal Poole: Developer
    * Frank Hagström: Developer
    * Kristoffer Jansson: Developer
    * Shawn Brown: Developer

SuperMAG wrote:

A donor is someone who has donated money to punbb. You can no longer do this on punbb.org (not sure about punres) becuase of the new owners of the software (or something)

thanks for the list and info

Paul wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

Consider it mentioned. There is no officially endorsed competition and my only plans for the official styles is to finish them and then take a very very long break.

by the way could u please look at these since u r css developer here

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18370

thanks

This is a beta stylesheet which will be completely changed by the time a release candidate comes along so I'm not going to be fixing individual problems in the meantime.

ok thanks ...