Topic: User settings crossed?

I've just installed PunBB 1.2.17. Very impressed by the speed and minimal package. It's nice to have so few tables to deal with.

However, today I created a user as a moderator, just 1 moderator at that point. Then I logged in later under the adminstrator account but when I click the Administration link at the top menu the moderator account is displayed with 4 menu options to the left (censoring, reports, index, users) and not the settings for the account I logged in under. Yet, when I click reports, I'm taken to the adminstrator settings and have the full menu on the left. When I click, user list, index, or rules at the top menu I am logged out. It seems that that users have been crossed.

I deleted the moderator account, confirmed it no longer exists in the user table, yet the problem is still occuring.

In other words, when I log in under the adminstrator account and click around, sometimes it displays the  deleted account settings and other times the admin account settings.

Any suggestions on clearing this up?

Cheers

Re: User settings crossed?

Have you tried cleaning your browser cache?

Hi, yes, thanks, that cleared up the problem.

I came to my site this morning and some of yesterday's posts had todays date. It all straightened out once I cleared the cache. Of course, I don't want to have my users clear their cache. Is there a fix for this that you know of?

I think that's your browser acting up with the caching. PunBB's settings should have the pages not being cached.

Ok thanks. I suppose at this stage if it was a bug it would have been addressed by now. I am using IE 7 with tabs.

Cheers