1 (edited by NiCk Newman 2008-03-23 01:58)

Topic: Hmm is there a mod that.

Let's you upload a picture or like a Gallery mod but the only catch it's not hosted on your server.

So like people have to enter the URL of the image to make it show in the gallery instead of uploading it through my server.

Is there a mod like that?

I've looked through all the gallery mods i cant find 1

Re: Hmm is there a mod that.

There is a French mod that does it, the English lang file is included in the archive: http://www.punbb.fr/mods/mod.php?id=87

You could modify the links mod.

Thank u i'll giv those a look, i gota go open my presents it's my bday!

yemgi wrote:

There is a French mod that does it, the English lang file is included in the archive: http://www.punbb.fr/mods/mod.php?id=87

That's not what i want

i want it to be a link to the image i dont want anything to be uploaded on my server lol

well that is what this mod does, adds a link in the posting form. When clicking on this link, it opens a download form to upload your file on a remote server (easy-upload.net) When the upload is finished it adds automatically the link to the file in your post.

If you just want to post a file already on a remote server, just use the [url]or [img] bbcodes ...

I think he doesn't want to upload anything. He wants to use the picture's URL. (No uploading involved)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He said uploading was OK in his first post, as long as it wasn't to his server.

My bad smile

Garciat wrote:

I think he doesn't want to upload anything. He wants to use the picture's URL. (No uploading involved)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's EXACTLY what I want

Any more help peoples? LOL

btw i turned 16!!

YAY !: d

Use the img or url bbcode tags then.

Then you shouldn't say
"Let's you upload a picture or like a Gallery mod but the only catch it's not hosted on your server."
wink

Why can't you just use the img BBCode? hmm

13 (edited by NiCk Newman 2008-03-24 22:27)

Well Ok but how do i make a gallery and a let people do this?

Wait is there a blog mod? that does this? or sumthing that i can just edit it and make it so users think it's a Picture Gallery yikes

lOL

lol Sorry i just got home from highschool i got my radar gun for my bday tho it's sick

you have 2 or 3 gallery mods on punres. other than that there is Coppermine that integrates with punBB and does allow image posting by url

Ya but liek I said yemgi i just want to beable for a user to put the link of the image add a comment or caption to and submit it and it shows the picture of it.

I dont want anything uploaded..

Make a post. Use an image tag. Put some text under it.

Can it be any easier?

I want it to be like a gallery tho so people can browse thru them smile

Just use Porta.

It creates galleries, and also pretty flash galleries.

otherwise, I suggest you just use

[img]http://domain.name/path/to/image[/img]