Topic: possibility of installing PunBB 1.3 beta & PunBB 1.2.17 together

Is it possible to install PunBB 1.3 beta & PunBB1.2.17 together, Actually I installed PunBB 1.3 beta on my organisation's intranet site & later on it came to my knowledge that I actually needed version 1.2.17 .. So now can i install 1.2.17  without un-installing the 1.3 beta version. If you give me green signal Than it is only the matter of changing one singal URL on my intranet site e.g. it is now "10.17.62.7/forum" & i will change it to
"10.17.62.7/(name of new directory where i install 1.2.17)"

Submitted for your kind opinion please ...

Re: possibility of installing PunBB 1.3 beta & PunBB 1.2.17 together

You can do it, but they can't use the same database tables as there are some rather important differences.

Divnain: In your specific situation, no, although if you're in an intranet setting you could probably grab a recent SVN version, use that, and be reasonably safe (and hopefully have no bugs). Alternately, you could walk through the database update script and make the necessary schema changes to downgrade your forum.

hello, I thank you very much for your kind guidelines ... I have loaded the version 1.2.17 on my intranet site
& it is operational now.. I have not yet un-installed the 1.3 beta version yet.. I will keep it .. that is my Ist BB you know...  Both are in separate directories & are using separate Data Bases. I have changed the URL of forum to link the new directory..

Thanks indeed for you kind guidelines.

Regards

Divnain