Re: feeds to all forum content

I mean, that the cookie is set in the browser anyway. There's no need to log in again to either use the feed or just access the forum itself.

You don't seem to understand two fundamental things:
1. How cookies actually work.
2. That the system proposed here would authenticate the user IN THE EXACT SAME WAY that the rest of PunBB does.

Now then, how cookies work. Your browser sends a request to log in to PunBB, PunBB sends a reply. That reply contains a line telling the browser to create a cookie on the computer with certain data in it. On each subsequent pageview, that cookie is used to authenticate the user: if it weren't, the user would have to enter his/her username/password for every pageview. When the user logs out, the cookie is removed from the browser. If the user has not enabled permanent logins, the cookie is removed from the browser when the browser is closed as well. If the user has enabled permanent logins, the cookie stays in the browser for a period of one year. No new logins required.

53 (edited by MattF 2008-04-11 21:50)

Smartys wrote:

If the user has not enabled permanent logins, the cookie is removed from the browser when the browser is closed as well. If the user has enabled permanent logins, the cookie stays in the browser for a period of one year. No new logins required.

That's the part I was messing up on. smile I had misunderstood how that part worked slightly.

Edit: Apologies if I've tested anyones patience with my misconception. smile

54 (edited by quaker 2008-04-11 21:30)

format c:/s/y and start over a again...

forgot linux commands....

At the command prompt, type ?fsck -f -y /dev/hdb1? again replacing hdb1 with the letters and number for your partition.

i got it...

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

55 (edited by MattF 2008-04-11 21:41)

fsck? Checking the filesystem/disk integrity are you? big_smile rm, dd, or newfs are the ones you want. smile (Not sure if newfs is BSD specific).

I made an experimental extension of user's feeds with in-url key for authentification, take a look...
https://adi.ing.uchile.cl/~mortega/punb … _feeds.zip

sorry for my english

Mannungo wrote:

I made an experimental extension of user's feeds with in-url key for authentification, take a look...
https://adi.ing.uchile.cl/~mortega/punb … _feeds.zip

I'm keeping deathly quiet on this subject now. big_smile Looks sweet though. smile Btw, this part: title="ATOM". Atom should be first letter uppercase only, for correctness, I believe. smile Only RSS is an acronym, hence all uppercase.