Topic: How many Percent is it to have all bugs done?

How many percent is it to have all bugs done?

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

Re: How many Percent is it to have all bugs done?

How long is a piece of string?

MattF wrote:

How long is a piece of string?

It depends how long the bundle is.

[just a suggestion]

wouldnt it be easier to completely check the files ... including every word and sentence and query that is related to that file ... like completely rewriting the punbb (but checking) ... that way you will found all the errors and bugs ....

its a loot of checking for one person so you can distrubute it to members to check every files lines and quries etc ...

--------------------------------------------------

and can any developer mension the list of all bugs that have been found but not fixed ...
just wanted to see that ... may be some talanted members have a solution for it ... (not me afcource tongue )
the only bug i know that has not been fixed is the dublication of urls ... other then that only developers know ...

thanks

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

grudon66 wrote:

How many percent is it to have all bugs done?

The problem is that bugs/flaws come up all the time.... plus more will appear as we keep going. If this was not the case then 1.2 would stay at 1.2 and not become 1.2.17 and so on.

Thankfully with a BETA released then the average user can find the bugs/flaws and they (PunBB team) can fix them before the initial release. BUT! even after initial release bugs will appear.... more specifically bugs/flaws that will appear when 1.3 is used in a large (and small) production scale. We hope they dont... but really it is inevitable.

Plus this question is exactly the same as this topic here... When is 1.3 going to be released?. No difference just what question was asked.

A long time ago I was on the "when will it be here" band wagon. But now that I want to produce a few extensions for 1.3 at release date. I hope it dont come to quick... tongue

SuperMAG wrote:

[just a suggestion]

You know, you find most bugs by using the code, not by looking at it.

looking at the every code line and testing it in the demo place will make you found almost all the bugs

SuperMAG wrote:

looking at the every code line and testing it in the demo place will make you found almost all the bugs

Not at all...
Considering majority of files interact with each another... A fix for one place can be a problem for somewhere else. So you have to start again going over files... which puts you in a continous loop.

Majority of the bugs have just been missed by accident/fat fingers. Thats the point of the BETA.

SuperMAG wrote:

Speaking from experience are you?

MattF wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

Speaking from experience are you?

no i dont have any experience in that ... if thats what you meant :d

SuperMAG wrote:

That was obvious from your post. It was sarcasm. big_smile

MattF wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:

That was obvious from your post. It was sarcasm. big_smile

what is sarcasm??

oh forget it ...

but if u still look closely and test every feature of the beta fourm ... and i mean every single one of them ... i think all the bugs will be fixed ...

oh well ... enjoy your time guys ...

SuperMAG wrote:

but if u still look closely and test every feature of the beta fourm ... and i mean every single one of them ... i think all the bugs will be fixed ...

Nice of you to offer to do so. We'll await your reports in anticipation.

I'm going to close this, since the idea SuperMAG suggested has been shown to be infeasible and the new discussion topic has become "bash SuperMAG" tongue

And to answer the original question (which I think I'm correctly interpreting as: how much is left to be done before the software is bug free and thus read for a release?), not a whole lot but enough to keep us busy. tongue

The answer to this question, the universe and everything else is, as always, 42.