Re: Spelling errors/Minor changes

Didn't I post somewhere that the cancel buttons are mostly placeholders awaiting a proper implementation so ignore any odd behaviour.

Fixed (apart from the cancel buttons).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

These were reported earlier. They are listed here again just in case you missed them.

Settings > Setup - Setup URL Scheme (SEF URLs ) for your boards pages
- Remove the space before )
- Change boards to board's

Settings > Email - A comma separated list of recipients of reports and/or new registration notifications.
- Change of to for.

Moderate forums:
Change "Select topics to delete, move, open or close" to "Select topics to move, delete, open or close" to match the order of the buttons.

lie2815 wrote:

Also, if that column could have another background, that would be nice...

There is a class="totals" for the Total row, but it has not been defined in the css file.

Fixed. Regarding the stylesheets, that's up to Paul.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

31 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-21 02:40)

common.php
'Forwarding info'        =>    'You should automatically be forwarded to a new page in %s seconds.',
- When 1 second is specified, then the above should show 'seconds' as 'second'.

admin.php
'No users selected'    =>    'No users selected'
- Add a period.

Help with BBCode
name@example.com produces  myname@example.com 
- Change myname to name.

Underlined text produces  Underlined text 
- It is not underlined.

Bold, underlined text produces  Bold, underlined text 
- It is not underlined.

Fixed all but the markup bits.

33 (edited by Jarkko 2008-02-23 15:08)

In lang/admin.php, GZip should be gzip. (There are no studlycaps in gzip even though another forum software erroneusly uses them.)

34 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-23 15:49)

Please keep the order the same. I prefer the 2nd one. Thanks.

in viewtopic:
Registered
From
in profile:
From
Registered

Jarkko wrote:

In lang/admin.php, GZip should be gzip. (There are no studlycaps in gzip even though another forum software erroneusly uses them.)

Fixed.

qubertman wrote:

Please keep the order the same. I prefer the 2nd one. Thanks.

in viewtopic:
Registered
From
in profile:
From
Registered
Man, I thought I was anal about these things smile

Please don't go fixing things in profile. I made some quite major alterations and I keep getting collisions.

The navigation links is different with userlist.php.
- Remove : after Pages.
- Bold Pages.

admin.php:
'Group key' => 'Permissions are the defaults as set in %s unless suffixed "(S)"'
- Add a period.

common.php:
'No confirm redirect' => 'No confirmation provided. Operation cancelled. Redirecting ?'
- Change ... to ellipsis.

When reports are sent via email, the subject line has the forum id in the parenthesis ex. Report(14). I had no idea what the number represented until looking up the source code. This could be confusion to others.

admin/bans.php (line 412) - Change the hard-coded value 'Add' to a language entry.

extern.php (line 283) - Change to: exit($lang_common['Bad request']);

41 (edited by qubertman 2008-04-18 03:04)

Changeset 1598 - The ellipse is not displayed properly. It is showing as a diamond with a question mark in it.

Edit: Strange. On a remote server, it looks fine. But with the local server using XAMPP, it is showing the diamond with question mark.

Changeset 1600 fixed line 91. Please do the same for line 90. Thanks.

misc.php (line 141) - Change $lang_common['Cancel'] to $lang_common['Cancel redirect']

/admin/prune.php (line 80) - Replace hardcoded string

rewrite.php (line 89) - Replace hardcoded string????

rewrite.php: we can't, because we have no language files loaded at that point. That was a conscious decision made because we don't have any information about the logged in user at the point of redirecting.

In changeset 1603, shouldn't you use the lang_admin element "redirect" instead of writing it again in the language file?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

I thought about that, and I remember that there was a discussion before about whether we should be concatenating language files entries: I can't remember what the result of that discussion was.
I'll just split it up.

One problem with concatenating language files is different langauges have different word orders. If you want to reuse something better to use printf() then the translater can a least put the variable into the correct position.

Personally I don't see any harm in duplicating things and would much prefer it that way as it simplifies things considerably.

Bah, I knew I remembered something like that. tongue
Most of the admin files are doing it the other way though.

Dont forget the admin language file is nowhere near complete. Its about 20% of the way through a major overhaul.