Topic: users who click a posted internal link are directed to the login/index

only happens sometimes, the most recent was a link to a post not a thread.

if they login again and go back to the link it works.

why is this and can it be fixed?

thanks!

Re: users who click a posted internal link are directed to the login/index

Probably people linking between the www/non-www versions of your site. Either fix the cookie domain or make one redirect to the other (the latter being the better option).

Smartys wrote:

Probably people linking between the www/non-www versions of your site. Either fix the cookie domain or make one redirect to the other (the latter being the better option).

the internal links (when copied and pasted) dont have www so I should make them redirect with www? In the control panel I assume? How do I change the cookie seed?

Not the cookie seed, the cookie domain in config.php. And there's lots of ways to set up URL redirecting, Google is your friend.

Smartys wrote:

Not the cookie seed, the cookie domain in config.php. And there's lots of ways to set up URL redirecting, Google is your friend.

Yes I know how to redirect in the control panel what Im saying Is I dont know which one Im supposed to be redirecting. Never mind. Jesus this place has gone to shit.

There's no need to be rude. hmm
You pick which one you want to redirect to. If the internal links don't have www for you, that means you must be visiting without using www. If that's how you want everyone to visit, you can redirect that way. If you need more specific instructions (eg: mod_rewrite stuff to do it) I can provide that for you, although as I said, it's a fairly easy to find topic.

OK thanks for the help.