Topic: Reply redirect issue

After updating using hdiff from 1.2.14 to 1.2.17, I noticed that after posting a new topic or reply that it no longer redirects to that topic. Instead, it redirects back to the index of the forums.

I noticed that it to redirect it checks the $new_pid so that it can redirect to that post. I also remember changing some lines that had to do with the $new_pid variable. I'm betting that is the reason for the bug.

Is anyone else having this problem?

-ag

Re: Reply redirect issue

I would check your files against a fresh version of 1.2.17's post.php and see if you notice where the update was done incorrectly.

hmm never checked back for a while.

Actually, it is a problem with the redirect function. I changed it back and it worked fine.

Changing this caused it to always redirect to the index:

// Prefix with o_base_url (unless there's already a valid URI)
    $destination_url = 'index.php';
    if (strpos($destination_url, 'http://') !== 0 && strpos($destination_url, 'https://') !== 0 && strpos($destination_url, '/') !== 0)
        $destination_url = $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/'.$destination_url;

// Do a little spring cleaning
    $destination_url = preg_replace('/([\r\n])|(%0[ad])|(;[\s]*data[\s]*:)/i', '', $destination_url);

Is there a problem with it? Or do i need to change something else for it to work?

for now im going to keep my original code.

The code was changed for security reasons. If you're having issues with it, post.php's redirect was modified incorrectly. I suggest you fix the underlying issue rather than removing code that protects you. wink

Well, i forgot to mention that this happens with everything. post.php, the administration, logging in, profile, etc. And post.php is probably modified correctly, ty.

Do you know why this would happen? hmm I see that it has "$destination_url = 'index.php';", which is where it redirects. I would like it to be secure, but I also want it to work...

Oh. I don't know where the $destination_url = 'index.php'; line came from, just remove that.