Topic: PunBB 1.3 official extensions
PunBB development team is glad to announce PunBB 1.3 official extensions. This is the first step to making PunBB the most fearured and the best in all respects forum, keeping if fast and lightweight. Extension system effectively enables us to do that.
PunBB forum automatically checks for extensions updates periodically (optional). Special notifications are displayed in the administratorâ€™s extensions list. In two weeks we are going to release one-click extension installation feature (directly from PunBB repository, without manual extension downloading) via forum administrator dashboard.
Here are short descriptions of the released extensions:
* pun_hook_navigator — Provides live information about hooks and actually evaluated extension codes (for extension developers).
* pun_attachment — Enables you to attach files to the posts.
* pun_bbcode — Pretty buttons for easy BBCode formatting.
* pun_e_mail_auth — Users can authorize themself by e-mail
* pun_quote — Select the text you want to quote right in viewtopic (via JS).
* pun_extension_reinstaller — Do both uninstall and install pointed extension with one click (useful for extension developers).
* pun_karma — Enables users to rate posts: "+" or "-".
* pun_topic_online_users — Displays who is reading or replying the topic right now.
* pun_admin_add_user — Admin can add new user via the form at the bottom of User list.
* pun_log — Logs PunBB events.
* pun_poll — Adds polls feature for topics (alpha stage yet).
You are welcome to visit the repository to explore the collection of official PunBB extensions and download the ones you need.
Most of extensions are still in beta stage. Feel free to report bugs or extension request in 1.3 extensions talk.
Current list of extensions in development is published in sticky topic.
EDIT: SVN repository is available to get latest versions of extensions: http://punbb.informer.com/svn/extensions/ . Please remember, that they are not to be used in production environment (same as PunBB 1.3 RC).