Topic: cannot login - no password change being emailed

hi sorry if posting to the wrong arena, but i cannot access admin.  i do not receive and email when i request password reset.  new users to the forum are also not being sent emails when they register. thanks

Re: cannot login - no password change being emailed

Do you mean for this forum, or for your own forum?

The most likely cause is the mail server on the server is configured wrongly, is it shared hosting or one you have control of?

sorry, another forum. is there anyway i can access it to sort it as the administrator?  many thanks!

Well that is only a guess at the problem, though you would need root access to the server to sort it out, much more than just admin of the forums.

Another option could be that the email settings are wrong in your forums settings area, normally all the SMTP options should be left blank so that it uses the internal mail() function.

thanks, so presently i cannot access the froum settings and i am the only one who originally had/has access, so that rules that one out. How would i go about sorting this via root server access?  Sorry, but really not my thing this but agreed to help set up a forum hoping it would forever run smoothly hmm  I do have the means to access the MYSQL. Thanks for your replies BTW!!

fahlin wrote:

hi sorry if posting to the wrong arena, but i cannot access admin.  i do not receive and email when i request password reset.  new users to the forum are also not being sent emails when they register. thanks

Is the problem that:
1. you forgot the admin password
2. emailing doesn't work
both? :)

Try to contact your hoster to find out why aren't emails sent.

Carpe diem