Topic: Please Someone explain

Ok so I come and go as I have been busy. So could someone please explain this to me. What is the difference now of FluxBB and PunBB? Why would PunBB be related to another forum if its different as it should be promoting itself? What exactly did I miss? Smarty former PunBB developer? What is that BS about? That type of stuff? Just wondering so I know where to go for my forum software I always knew and liked. And the people I was and am more familiar with. Thanks.

Re: Please Someone explain

http://fluxbb.org/about/

Difference is that PunBB doesn't develope anymore it's own code. It is heavily dependant on fluxbb developement.

So at the bottom line there isn't much difference. If any at all betwen these 2 forums.

Devs left on its own. After PunBB project was sold.

Mikey B wrote:

Ok so I come and go as I have been busy. So could someone please explain this to me. What is the difference now of FluxBB and PunBB? Why would PunBB be related to another forum if its different as it should be promoting itself? What exactly did I miss? Smarty former PunBB developer? What is that BS about? That type of stuff? Just wondering so I know where to go for my forum software I always knew and liked. And the people I was and am more familiar with. Thanks.

1. Though PunBB was bought by commercial company, development team was going on working while Rickard was their leader.
2. As soon as Rickard left PunBB, former team forked to FluxBB. Even though we did like what they were doing.
3. We still like what FluxBB team does on the core and while our own team is speeding up, we borrow some of FluxBB code (it all is GPL). And we'd like to keep extensions compatible.
4. On the other hand, the more time goes, the more differences will be between cores. And you are welcome to use PunBB official extensions.

Carpe diem