Topic: How to install the new extensions

I am new to the PunBB family. I haven't figured out how to install the new 1.3? can someone help

Re: How to install the new extensions

Hi, Bowser.
To install extension:

• Download the extension you need. This is probably a zip file containing a folder.

• Unzip/copy this folder to directory <FORUM_ROOT>/extensions/.

• Log in with administrator privileges and go to "Administration" / "Install extensions" (<FORUM_URL>/admin/extensions.php?section=install).

• Click "Install extension" link for the extension you have just copied.

• Read installation notices (if any) and press "Install extension" to start installation process.

I need to find the problem
Thank  Slavok

im sorry i'm absolutly new to punBB. and im trying to install an extension (pun_karma.zip) and i cannot find extensions folder on the forum root.

i try to create the extensions folder my self and copy the extracted extension folder... but nothing happend... no "install extension" on administration page.... (and i dont se any file called extensions.php in my root)

i don't get it...
im using the latest punbb-1.2.20

please help me, please please please....

sorry... iam totally newbie to punBB

nevermind... problem solve when i install 1.3RC

Slavok wrote:
  • Download the extension you need. This is probably a zip file containing a folder.

• Unzip/copy this folder to directory <FORUM_ROOT>/extensions/.

• Log in with administrator privileges and go to "Administration" / "Install extensions" (<FORUM_URL>/admin/extensions.php?section=install).

• Click "Install extension" link for the extension you have just copied.

• Read installation notices (if any) and press "Install extension" to start installation process.

I do exactly as it is described and all I can see is a blank white page after I press install.

karpik wrote:

I do exactly as it is described and all I can see is a blank white page after I press install.

PunBB 1.3RC? (or from SVN?)
What extension? Other extensions installed?

Carpe diem