1 (edited by slam2 2008-06-24 19:50)

Topic: Translation English to French

Hi,

Currently I have translated more than half the pack FluxBB which I think is the same as in french PunBB. Fixed me if I am wrong.
Initially, I translated FluxBB, but some community clearly rejected me, I share my tien a contribution here.

Overview: http://fluxbb.e3b.org/
forgive me address, and my English

++, Slam2

Re: Translation English to French

slam2 wrote:

Currently I have translated more than half the pack FluxBB which I think is the same as in french PunBB. Fixed me if I am wrong.
Initially, I translated FluxBB, but some community clearly rejected me, I share my tien a contribution here.

Hello.
I didn't get idea of "some community clearly rejected me", but we'd appreciate for 1.3 translation to French.
Good luck.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:
slam2 wrote:

Hello.
I didn't get idea of "some community clearly rejected me", but we'd appreciate for 1.3 translation to French.
Good luck.

hello!

simply that the French community of punbb otherwise punbb.fr said, discouraged me in my development of a community punbb / fluxbb translation, whether the forum as extensions. Who indeed does this not even launched in the translation themselves. Finally brief. I would if I would continue as requested.

Bye

Slam2

Slam :
when we dont know what we say the best is to shut up.
You dont know the history of Punbb.fr and what this website gave to the community
so dont say bullshit and come here to complain to others like a poor little child who lost his toy...
We have explain you how we were organize ; you didnt understand ; ok,  now have a nice trip on your website.

Regards.

foxmask wrote:

You dont know the history of Punbb.fr and what this website gave to the community
We have explain you how we were organize

Could you please tell to non-French spoken users how are you organized and what is going on there?
Thanks.

Carpe diem

Hi.
It has been decided for a while that we will wait until a final version of FluxBB is released (at least a beta or rc*) with a quite fixed language part and then we will make and release a localization as good as possible and do it the faster we can.
Why ?
What would happen if every one shares his own translation now ?
We would have to support many different versions and some users would probably use an "under development" software in a production environment (bad).
It's not that hard or that long to make** a (quick and dirty... (unfinished roll)) translation but it's a bit harder to make one which takes care of the ideas of, and is usable by many contributors/users.
We don't want to have many different official versions of the french localizations of FluxBB. We want the best localization possible.
If we release some unfinished translations, support will be requested, etc.
Remember, FuxBB 1.3.x is (at this time) for testing purpose only...

I think the rest of this story is mainly about  touchiness wink

But, uh... that's only the second lonely translator want to share his translation directly a ".org" rather than working with the existing community... ♪ what will be will be ♪

(funny to talk about fluxbb localization on punbb forum big_smile)

*of FluxBB (not the artificial PunBB one)...
**I did... but it was it was a long time ago... tongue

.._ -Pandark- _..
Serial Dreamer

Pandark wrote:

It has been decided for a while that we will wait until a final version of FluxBB is released (at least a beta or rc) with a quite fixed language part and then we will make and release a localization as good as possible and do it the faster we can.

Got it and agree.
Thanks for reply.

Carpe diem