1 (edited by Dodgey 2008-07-02 16:11)

Topic: Intergration error with Punbb and Wordpress - need help:)

Hi,

Seriously need some help here, as I have attacked all the solutions that I feel are available to me

Currently i’m trying to integrate punbb 1.2.6 and wordpress 2.3.3, i’m using Rickards excellent Jl-punbb user registration plugin that merges the user databases all that is working fine.

I have also allowed punbb to use wordpress functions via sharing the wp-blog-header in this line in a called file from my main.tpl

<?php
require('../wp-blog-header.php');
?>

And have integrated my main.tpl file with various offshoots importing various parts of my wordpress site too, for example the header is almost entirely imported.  And I’m using the wordpress login function in the header which works fine with the forum. 

However my problems arise with a call to an undefined wp function. This error only appears when I try to combine pages with the wordpress header and footer and the punbb forum sandwiched between. The full error is -

'Fatal error: Call to a member function hide_errors() on a non-object in /home/digitalp/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 895'

and the only time it is triggered is when the forum/search.php is called from the forum, either by looking at the recently posts, or actually using the search function itself.  So while the error is wp related, it appears to be triggered by a punbb function, or is at least in some way related to a clash of variables or terms.

Here are the links that break the forum

<dl id="searchlinks" class="conl">
                <dt><strong>Search links</strong></dt>
                <dd><a href="search.php?action=show_24h">Show recent posts</a></dd>

<dd><a href="search.php?action=show_unanswered">Show unanswered posts</a></dd>
                <dd><a href="search.php?action=show_subscriptions">Show your subscribed topics</a></dd>
                <dd><a href="search.php?action=show_user&amp;user_id=2">Show your posts</a></dd>
            </dl>

And this is the function in questions from wordpress wp_include/functions.php

function is_blog_installed() {
    global $wpdb, $db, $pun_config, $pun_user, $lang_common;
    $show = $wpdb->hide_errors();
    $installed = $wpdb->get_var("SELECT option_value FROM $wpdb->options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'");
    $wpdb->show_errors($show);

$install_status = !empty( $installed ) ? TRUE : FALSE;
    return $install_status;
}

I have tried various methods to get them to co operate including globaling variables in various files etc and with no real success.

If I have missed any important details please let me know and ill add them as soon as possible.  I’m really posting as a last resort before I try to scrap the user login registration and I feel I have exhausted my current level of knowledge and what i'm been able to read already on these forums and on the wp support forums!

Thanks!

2 (edited by Dodgey 2008-07-04 12:38)

Re: Intergration error with Punbb and Wordpress - need help:)

I have been looking into this more and i know it is related to Wordpress and punbb working together in the same page.

Has anyone else succesfully intergrated a punbb forum inside a wordpress header and footer where they then called wordpress functions?  If so i would be very interested in seeing your code, if anyone requires to see some of the code im using and thinks they can help, just let me know.

One thing i have noted is all the errors are related to the include/search.php file, you can search for certain words using the search function, but as soon as you hit a word taht isnt used it returns the error.  the same with unanswered posts, when there is non i believe it produces the errors again.

I can easily add this sucker into pastebin.

My other options so far are to ignore having the wordpress login int he header and remove it from the forum section.  However having this fully intergrated is a massive advantage.

Once again i require the help of some smart people from the punbb community!

Giving this one a bump, Ive tried to get an error log going on this, anyone got any tips to try to resolve my issues. 

Or has anyone successfully mergerd wp 2.3 with punbb 1.2.6  feel like giving something to lead on?

Currently i’m trying to integrate punbb 1.2.6 and wordpress 2.3.3, i’m using Rickards excellent Jl-punbb user registration plugin that merges the user databases all that is working fine.

can you give the link to this plugin, please!

DigitalOcean: VPS from $5/mon. Get $10 bonus!.