1 (edited by Riklaunim 2006-12-28 18:57)

Topic: punFramework

download: phpclasses

punFramework v 0.1 is a small MVC "framework" for punBB (1.3-dev), requires PHP5 - it allows you to create extra dynamic pages using forum layout very easily - you can make news, articles module or just wrap usefull stuff smile
In  the package you will find 2 txt files - punFramework.txt describes how to install it (unpack & upload) and what is it and how it works. punFramework-example.txt - how to display 10 latest news (using topics and posts from selected forum) in punFramework. The example code is also included - just point your browser to /mvc.php?c=punnews see screenshot

It isn't finished yet, it isn't fully punned but do you like the concept? the framework? smile Any suggestions are welcomed.

My site [PHP, Python, Linux]

Re: punFramework

Is this similar to the Custom Pages mod?

I've didn't played with custom pages but at base it is a "custom page generator" which can be extended etc. to do more complex things.

Edit:
version 0.2 released (the same link)
- error messages are now saved and punFramework shows simple error message smile
- few fixes & tweaks (fixed typos in docs, added "You are: " section)
- added Polish docs

4 (edited by Nevethir 2006-08-29 16:59)

I like the idea, but my isp not want to install php5 on server (or he is on holiday) tongue

I've updated punFramework to work with punBB 1.3 r-681 and you can download it from phpclasses. punBB 1.3 r-681 tarballs can be found on sourceforge

r681 is a bad release to start from: all new installs of that are "broken" (Guests are assigned the wrong usergroup)

it will work with newer version until some bigger code changes wink

Riklaunim wrote:

it will work with newer version until some bigger code changes wink

I'm sure it will: my point was simply that r682 (the current revision) is better to offer a tarball for (since it fixes the install bug)

I'll update the archives. I've used 681 as it was the current version when I was updating the code smile

punFramework have been updated to work with fluxBB Beta 2 smile

- English info and download
- Polish info and download

Riklaunim wrote:

punFramework have been updated to work with fluxBB Beta 2 smile

- English info and download
- Polish info and download

Cool thing.

Why not PunBB 1.3 RC? It is punFramework after all ))

Carpe diem

it will be pun/flux compatible smile This is update so it will work with current 1.3 line (last update 7 months ago when the 1.3 was much different wink)