Re: SPAM Protection MOD 1.1 [Updated Oct. 3rd, 05]

pogenwurst wrote:

I sent you my phpinfo. It's been a few hours now - still blocked.

Sorry, but I really have no idea what to do in terms of this pinging stuff.

I can access your test site fine.

If it helps at all, here are the other mods to my functions.php:
Change Page Links 1.0.1 by Michael Lanman
Private Messaging System (PMS) 1.2.1 by David Djurbäck and Connorhd
Invitations 1.0.1 by Tobi Schulz - all of this is commented out
You Can See Profile! 2.0 by Krzysztof Pawelek

It shouldn't really conflict with any mod, seeing as it doesn't re-define any variables or modify any existing functions.

As I'm not to familiar with FreeBSD, perhaps someone else here could help out with this (which seems to be the cause of the problem):
http://se.php.net/manual/en/function.ge … .php#30852

Ok, I sent you a reply to your email.

I'm still blocked.

I'll contact my host if you want. Just tell me what to ask.

Thanks!

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Ok, I've just released v1.1. Let me know if there's any additional features you'd like to see smile

hmm maybe I am just a bit slow smile
But I tryied to install this on my offline board to see how it works but I can't get it to work (or I just don't know what it is supposed to do?)

Can anybody tell me please smile

CodeXP wrote:

As I'm not to familiar with FreeBSD, perhaps someone else here could help out with this (which seems to be the cause of the problem):
http://se.php.net/manual/en/function.ge … .php#30852

Ok, I just sent my host (Netfirms) a support inquiry:

There is reason to believe that a problem (http://se.php.net/manual/en/function.ge … .php#30852) with PHP\'s getbyhostname() function & FreeBSD is causing a malfunction in a mod (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8941&p=1) I have installed on my PunBB (http://punbb.org/) forum.

Is this an issue known to Netfirms? Is there any way you can fix it?

I'll let you know about their response once I receive it.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Ok Netfirms got back to me:

Netfirms wrote:

Thank-you for your e-mail inquiry.

PHP's gethostbyname() function will return the internal IP for your webserver (192.0.34.166).  When the actual IP for your webserver is 66.244.251.18.  Unfortunately, we will be unable to make any modifications to the server configuration at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Does anyone know how to work around this? Is there an alternative function the mod can use?

pogenwurst wrote:

Netfirms wrote:

PHP's gethostbyname() function will return the internal IP for your webserver (192.0.34.166).  When the actual IP for your webserver is 66.244.251.18.  Unfortunately, we will be unable to make any modifications to the server configuration at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Does anyone know how to work around this? Is there an alternative function the mod can use?

No, unfortunately, I don't think there is. The thing is, it needs to "ping" the remote server in some way... I'll see if I can find and alternative way, but I can't promise anything.

pogenwurst wrote:

Netfirms wrote:

Ok, I might have a working solution for you smile In step 6 in the readme.txt, replace:

if ($lookup != gethostbyname($lookup)):

with

if (@fsockopen($lookup, 80) !== FALSE):

It should work, but it is slightly slower. Still, I think it's the best way to work around your problem. Let me know if it solved the problem? smile

Unfortunately, no. sad

There is a bug in the upgrade function of the installer.
In line 35, it should say

$sql = 'ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'spam_protect ADD total TINYINT(2)';

instead of

$sql = 'ALTER TABLE spam_protect ADD total TINYINT(2)';

wink

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Is there any way to unblock specific people manually?

Someone i know is not a spammer is being blocked and I would like to unblock them.

37 (edited by starshiner 2006-02-22 19:48)

I have the same question as dss....  has it been answered that anyone knows of?

starshiner wrote:

I have the same question as dss....  has it been answered that anyone knows of?

I haven't implemented that function (yet?). I started working on it at one point, but due to lack of time, I never completed it... Should be fairly easy to do though, if someone wanted to.

Any chance this mod will work with 1.2.19?

why woundt it?

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

and with 1.3?

fantasma wrote:

and with 1.3?

Of course it wouldn't.

uff