Re: 1.3 mod conversion roll call

Is there going to be a tutorial on how to do it? Because right now I don't have a clue.

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Well i am sure they will create a couple of basic example apps to show the power of the exstension system. tongue

Sub Forums
Icon Topics
Tags (Labels Mod)
Newsbox
Pun Toolbar with Smiley's
Send to friend
Rate Topic
Karma Mod
User Ranks
Country Flags
Forum Notes
Printable Topics
Gender MOD
Show posts in reverse chronological order
Most Users Online
Adsense Options
Affiliates
Backup
BB Spam Fighter
BotDetect
ChatBox
Clear Cache
Custom Pages
Forum cleanup
Image Awards
Image Upload
Languages and styles
Links with category
Upload Extra
Polls
Private messaging
User Blogs
User management
Attachment Mod

Is that your wishlist? big_smile

Yep, these are the mods used in Mega Pun so it just makes sense to me. big_smile

no criticism i love mega pun but I don't think it will be needed with that easy-to-use extensiion sytem.

FluxBB - v1.4.8

32 (edited by bingiman 2007-12-11 18:23)

I actually don't get what you mean. Why does having extensions make Mega Pun obsolete? I think you guys are missing the point of Mega Pun when all it is are mods added to punBB, nothing more, nothing less. I hope someone can enlighten me as to how the extension differ. Does this mean that no core files will ever need to be edited? If that's the case, then that would be awesome!

bingiman wrote:

Does this mean that no core files will ever need to be edited? If that's the case, then that would be awesome!

Yes, that's the idea of extensions, no need to touch core code.

Plugins, extensions or whatever you want to call it have been around CMS and Blogs for some time now. I can pop a plugin into Textpattern to add extra functionality, said plugin still works on subsequent updates to the core, no need to futz with diff files, etc.

Now what you've done with Mega Pun is to make sure that all these mods behave together, thus making it a testing stage for plugins. I have it running in XAMPP, to see what mods I like.

Well, great to hear. I knew it served a purpose. big_smile

I've been working on a filebased download mod, it's almost finished. But when will the mod make tool for 1.3 be released?

Jansson,

Is there any chance you will re-write the EVE Online mod for 1.3.