Topic: Login redirects me to an RSS feed?

I recently installed PunBB 1.3 on my server, and it is great smile

However, whenever I log in via this specific computer (my upstairs one works fine, and everyone else on the forum logs in fine as well), I am redirected to the forum's RSS feed.

What do you think is causing this? I'm using Firefox 3, btw.

Re: Login redirects me to an RSS feed?

[See, Anatoly, it does happen smile]

That used to happen to me back on 1.3RC2, make sure you have the latest revision from the SVN:

Go to http://punbb.informer.com/trac/browser/punbb/trunk and click "Zip Archive" at the bottom of the page. Replace your PunBB files with the ones you just downloaded.

Post back if that fixed the bug.

Infantry001 wrote:

However, whenever I log in via this specific computer (my upstairs one works fine, and everyone else on the forum logs in fine as well), I am redirected to the forum's RSS feed.

What do you think is causing this? I'm using Firefox 3, btw.

1. What are the differences between computers? OS? Browser versions? Anything else that seems to be related?
2. Is this bug in Firefox only or IE/whatever too?

Thanks.

Garciat wrote:

[See, Anatoly, it does happen smile]

I still would like to catch it myself and look into the eyes of this bug cool

Garciat wrote:

That used to happen to me back on 1.3RC2, make sure you have the latest revision from the SVN:

Go to http://punbb.informer.com/trac/browser/punbb/trunk and click "Zip Archive" at the bottom of the page. Replace your PunBB files with the ones you just downloaded.

Downloading latest SVN is not really needed. We didn't change anything related since 1.3 release.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

OS? Browser versions?

it happened to me

OSX.5.5 and FF3.0.3

colak wrote:

it happened to me

Any special actions just before?

colak wrote:

OSX.5.5 and FF3.0.3

Infantry001? Garciat?

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

Any special actions just before?

No.
I just login
The in between redirect screen turns up which not only redirects me to the feed but also links to it too.

http://forum.site.org/extern.php?action … mp;login=1

On the computer with this problem, I am using Windows XP Professional, with FF3.

On my other computer, I'm running XP Home with FF3.

Kinda weird... tongue

And I haven't checked this issue using IE; I'll check later on today.

Windows XP SP3
Firefox 3.0.3

It no longer happens, btw.

Do you have the feed bookmarked in your browser/feed client?

nope

Hi I have the same issue! After logging in , its redirecting me to xml feed! It´s happenig in FF 3.04 , in IE it is ok.
I have the very last version of punbb 1.3 .
Do you have some idea? thx

Well, to be more specific, and after some testing, it works fine on FF 3.0.3 but doesn´t work on newest version of FF - 3.0.4. ...

I have a client having the same issue using an iMac running OS 10.5.6 and Firefox 3.0.5.

PunBB version is the latest 1.3.2 smile

Similar to this, I have occasionally been redirected by PunBB login to other files on my server.  These are usually the last file loaded as a dependent of the last page I browsed on that server, prior to or during the login sequence.

So that is to say, on the same server:
1. Browse other page with includes/common.php included.
2. Request PunBB Login page.
3. Browse other page with includes/common.php included.
4. Complete Login form.

In this case, you just might have reset the page redirect url in your cookie, thus you are sent there.  Is it possible that Firefox is causing this same event, by pinging for updates to your forum RSS?

whatrevolution wrote:

In this case, you just might have reset the page redirect url in your cookie, thus you are sent there.  Is it possible that Firefox is causing this same event, by pinging for updates to your forum RSS?

That's pretty much what I still think is causing the issue. A lot of it could be negated however by altering the function which updates prev_url to only ignore certain pages when updating the DB online entry.

MattF wrote:

altering the function which updates prev_url to only ignore certain pages when updating the DB online entry.

Yes, though a whitelist could become long and be laborious to compile.  A simple first sollution could be a preg_match() check for file extension (disallow images, .css, .xml), then give admin settings a data entry for comma-separated directory names.  Pair that with a function which explodes(",") the CSV line to an array of preg_match patterns.

I'll just add, btw, the part quoted below had an errant 'only' in it that shouldn't be there. Only just noticed my typo. big_smile

which updates prev_url to only ignore certain pages

whatrevolution wrote:

Yes, though a whitelist could become long and be laborious to compile.  A simple first sollution could be a preg_match() check for file extension (disallow images, .css, .xml)

True. Those shouldn't be directly accessed URI's from the prev_url viewpoint, however, (other than .xml) so they theoretically shouldn't be a problem. Never hurts to be overly draconian  though. big_smile

Another possibility would be having a define which could be set in pages which aren't to be logged, similar to the quiet_visit define in 1.2*, and only updating if that isn't defined. (Is that still used in 1.3)? That would give extension authors more control too regarding whether their pages update the online list.