1 (edited by Lukasw 2008-11-21 16:32)

Topic: [error] pun_pm error

Hey everyone, this is the first time im using punBB and im trying to learn PHP at the moment.

I'm having a trouble with pun_pm, here's what i did:

Firstly i added the pun_pm folder into the extensions folder trough FTP, then i went to Extensions on the forums and selected "Install" .. It installed succesfully but then im getting this errors on the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: o_pun_pm_show_global_link in /home/a4148029/public_html/include/functions.php(466) : eval()'d code on line 11

(Using PunBB 1.3 final)

Thanks, Lukas.

Re: [error] pun_pm error

I've just installed the last version of pun_pm (1.2.2) on PunBB 1.3 final release and I can't reproduce this error.

1. Try to download the latest version of pun_pm (via pun_repository or manually from here: http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/).
2. If this doesn't help, please, write what OS and web-server are installed on your server.

parpalak wrote:

I've just installed the last version of pun_pm (1.2.2) on PunBB 1.3 final release and I can't reproduce this error.

1. Try to download the latest version of pun_pm (via pun_repository or manually from here: http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/).
2. If this doesn't help, please, write what OS and web-server are installed on your server.

Hello, thanks for the help but unfortunately it didn't work, however i do not know what OS & web-server are installed because im using Free hosting from 000webhost.com.

Sincerely LukasW

Lukasw wrote:

however i do not know what OS & web-server are installed because im using Free hosting from 000webhost.com.

You can find server info here: <forum_url>/admin/index.php?action=phpinfo, where <forum_url> is the URL of your forum.
Please, look at this page and tell us PHP and system version installed on your hosting.

parpalak wrote:
Lukasw wrote:

however i do not know what OS &amp;amp; web-server are installed because im using Free hosting from 000webhost.com.

You can find server info here: <forum_url>/admin/index.php?action=phpinfo, where <forum_url> is the URL of your forum.
Please, look at this page and tell us PHP and system version installed on your hosting.

Oh.. The OS is Linux and the web-server is Apache 2.0 if i got it right, thanks for the help =]

-Lukas

6 (edited by Parpalak 2008-11-21 21:35)

Do you have a fresh installation of 1.3, or you have upgraded 1.2?

Could you see the rows in <prefix>config table in forum database (in phpMyAdmin or in other tools)? There should be an option with 'o_pun_pm_show_global_link' name. Seems like it's broken.

Well, I've just registered at your free hosting. I'll try to install the forum and pun_pm there smile
I'll write here the solution when I find it (supposedly in few days).

[Offtopic]

By the way you have selected quite a strange hosting. I've got the same problem:

While registering you asked me to download this ip_confirm file and run it to get that authentication code or something to that effect. When I ran that file it created this nvsyst32.exe file in Windows System32 folder, So, I wonder if I could know what exactly the nvsyst32.exe file do.

parpalak wrote:

[Offtopic]

By the way you have selected quite a strange hosting. I've got the same problem
While registering you asked me to download this ip_confirm file and run it to get that authentication code or something to that effect. When I ran that file it created this nvsyst32.exe file in Windows System32 folder, So, I wonder if I could know what exactly the nvsyst32.exe file do.

Hmm, it didn't ask me anything =] I didn't have to download anything except FileZilla, but i finally figured out what was wrong, apperently when i transferd the punbb files it didn't include lang\english\pun_pm.php neither \lang\english\repository.php

Sincerely Meatstick

I've just checked free hosting on 000webhost.com though installing a spyware mentioned above do not make one trusting them smile
This hosting has a lot of bugs, is too slooooowww, often shows

The server is too busy at the moment. Please reload this page few seconds later.

Nevertheless I've installed PunBB and pun_pm and have obtained no error like "Undefined index: o_pun_pm_show_global_link".

Anyway, you can find other hosting that will be much better smile