Re: Default 1.3 theme

grudon66 wrote:

In the ticket 5, it stays: deadline changed from 20.9.2008 to 3.10.2008.

What does that mean?

Deadline comment wrote:

Delayed due to my sick-leave.

Utchin wrote:

They all look pointless to be honest... None of them follow the "punbb way" of doing things.

I agree, but we do not force users to use them.
We want PunBB core to be even more fast and lightweight, but with that we are going to give to the users the freedom of extensibility by the number of useful (in different common cases) extensions and themes.

Utchin wrote:

No images in this one ( so no gradients)
No rounded corners ( Images, + JS)
This isn't fixed width..(I didn't buy a 22" wide for nothing you know.

Agree. I suppose we will finally come back to the Oxygen-like theme as the default one.

Carpe diem

Another theme: Blue.

No more additional themes planned.

They will be done just after the markup update is finished.

Carpe diem

These themes are just ugly...
Too much colour, or too dark. Ugly fonts colours and these horrible underlines ;p

Just Blue looks cool, but these fonts ;]

29 (edited by User33 2008-11-09 15:09)

Anatoly wrote:

Another theme: Something web-2-0-ish :-)

That's really good, but the colors need some work.

Also, I don't dig the top menu.

Anatoly wrote:

Drop the IM pictures and I'll like it smile

Garciat wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

What?! The pictures are cool tongue

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

32 (edited by User33 2008-11-09 17:42)

grudon66 wrote:
Garciat wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

What?! The pictures are cool tongue

I think they're too generic.

Anyways, I think "Blue" is the best one (without the IM pics).

Edit: How about setting up a poll?

Dear All

1.3 default theme is awesome. But I can see small differences between my installation and this one. For example RSS link there is nice blue image, but I have only standard orange RSS button. Next - some installs of 1.3 (e.g. punbb-italia.it) looks just like official site, and have a small pic in main menu...

Is it possible to download this theme modification?

organic wrote:

1.3 default theme is awesome. But I can see small differences between my installation and this one. For example RSS link there is nice blue image, but I have only standard orange RSS button. Next - some installs of 1.3 (e.g. punbb-italia.it) looks just like official site, and have a small pic in main menu...

Is it possible to download this theme modification?

You speak about PunBB 1.3 RC theme. 1.3 final release has completely different html-markup and therefore theme from RC couldn't be used on it.

However, we are starting to work on other themes. Maybe you will find more suitable theme.

I would like a theme that resizes the width of the content on the page based on the resolution.  It seems to top out at 1100 pixels neutral

Tatsujin wrote:

I would like a theme that resizes the width of the content on the page based on the resolution.  It seems to top out at 1100 pixels

We've made this intentionally.

You can undo the change manually. Just edit lines 131-137 of style/Oxygen/Oxygen.css.

BEFORE:

.brd {
    padding: 1.3em 2em;
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1100px;
    min-width: 700px;
    width: 90%;
    }

AFTER:

.brd {
    padding: 1.3em 2em;
    }

Thanks!

38 (edited by FalconFour 2008-11-29 04:15)

You know, I just registered here to express my support for "the current one we're working on" - http://punbb.informer.com/trac/attachme … /5/120.png . It's much easier on the eyes, and more visually organized, than the comparatively jumbled and square design that PunBB currently is (even 1.3, which I'm using on my forum).

More images are much needed. Lightweight images, of course, and only a few of them, but images none the less. That current screenshot looks great, IMO.

All in all, we REALLY need more styles no matter WHAT they are. I'm a web developer but I work in good old fashioned HTML, not this XHTML+CSS+Javascript, etc., crap... I make some sweet standards-compliant websites, but the jumbled mess of incomprehensible CSS-styled <div> code is totally foreign to me. So in my PunBB forum, I have to rely on finding a style similar to what I want the forum to look like, then tweak pieces here and there. Building it from scratch is so far out of my scope!

And I think that work-in-progress one is just what I'm looking for. Will it be made available via the extensions system or will I have to keep an eye out here for it?

edit: Although the most notable image that appeared in the new style is just a forum logo... that alone is one option that's sorely missing from PunBB styles. wink

when the new themes will be ready?

FalconFour wrote:

Will it be made available via the extensions system or will I have to keep an eye out here for it?

It's in SVN, you can download it via trac browser ("Zip Archive" link at the bottom of the page). But this style is in the development stage yet.

fantasma wrote:

when the new themes will be ready?

Soon smile

I actually prefer the current Oxygen theme, but whatever, as long as they're XHTML and CSS valid smile

when will new style be open for download?

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

You may check out development version of Informer style from SVN: http://punbb.informer.com/svn/additions … .3/styles/
See also Trac: http://punbb.informer.com/trac/browser/ … .3/styles/

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

No more additional themes planned.

They will be done just after the markup update is finished.

I'm loving the blue one.  What I hate about Oxygen is the starkness of it, especially its white background because looking at it hurts my eyes.

When Blue is finished I'm going to install it for certain and eventually make a red version of it.

I've installed and am enjoying "informer"

the current default theme is perfect as a default theme. the "Blue" one is quite good as an additional option ...

We need the Mercury theme

when will those themes will get completed, man i waited so long. its a theme.
i like both
this one http://punbb.informer.com/trac/attachme … /web20.png
and this one http://punbb.informer.com/trac/attachme … /5/120.png

any one of them would be nice.

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Very beautiful themes smile

50 (edited by clunky 2009-07-11 12:02)

this style works with latest PunBB 1.3.4?

i cant see it uploaded to webspace but PunBB doesnt shows it in style combobox.

I like this style bether.

it works now i uploaded the informer style with wrong name ,
seems it needs that i must rename to Informer.