Topic: 1.2 to 1.3 with subforums

This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 or must I do complete install? And if I install 1.3 will there be problems importing the same database and the files/templates I customized with ads and styles in 1.2?

Also, I really need to use subforums. I found Mod version: 1.0.9.3, Author: pabb to add subforums but it doesn't specify my version 1.2.2. Is that a problem, or is there another Mod I could use? Is there a subforum mod for 1.3?

Re: 1.2 to 1.3 with subforums

Hard to believe how long you are awaiting a reply.

All I can respond to is the part about subforum mod for pun1.2.2... the mod will work with any version of pun/flux versions 1.1.x and 1.2.x.  When installing mods for versions less than 1.3 be sure to read the forum sticky (I cannot remember where exactly offhand, but probably in the mods forum... on how to adjust the version number in 'install.php' that comes with most mods.

The pabb's subforum mod will not work with punbb1.3, and I do not know if there is an extension for this.  Others should be posting here soon, I would think, with more information.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Sounds like I'm going to have to stick with 1.2* if there are no subforum mods available for 1.3*. Are you familiar with MyBestBB package for PunBB? Looks like it adds a few good mods including subforums and URL rewrite. Is it safe and from a good company???

I'm writing subforums extenstion now. It's work, but not finished for this time. See this topic.

I do not know about MyBestBB.  Just to mention, I would think it does not have the latest updates of some mods - you would have to check that for each mod it encompasses.  I would recommend perusing the relevant MyBestBB topic to see what other users there say about their experience with it.
Good Luck!

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool