Topic: How to edit structure of punbb CSS across all themes

Which file do I edit to make structural changes using CSS which will affect all styles?
Cheers smile

2 (edited by User33 2008-12-13 12:43)

Re: How to edit structure of punbb CSS across all themes

You could make a 'structure.css' and then just add

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<?php echo $base_url ?>/style/common.css" />

to every 'style/{style-id}/{style-id}.php'.

Now, I wouldn't know which stylesheet gets overridden by the other, so just place that on the bottom of 'style/{style-id}/{style-id}.php' and see if it works.

IS there not already a single css file that controls the structure of all punbb styles?

No, it is not. Just interesting what changes do you want to do? Maybe, there is other way to do what you needed

Slavok wrote:

No, it is not. Just interesting what changes do you want to do? Maybe, there is other way to do what you needed

I want to add a side-column on the right hand side.
In fact, I'm desperate to add a side-column smile
Any tips?
Thanks
Mark

6 (edited by KeyDog 2008-12-16 14:03)

I also would like such a side-column and float it either on right or left of main forum.
Then choose whether I put ads or menu items or lists of last posts, most views, etc in them.

If anyone knows of such extensions do let me know. Seems very basic need I would think (if one is using the forum as stand alone and doesn't just wrap another website around it...)

Plus there is loads of space to do such things without cluttering it in the least I find. Specially the way screens are going; WIDE and LARGE.