Topic: pun_poll discussion

We would like to know your opinion regarding some questions of pun_poll development. Today, we have discussed the behavior of this extension in case of voting editing. We have had several options about what to do when a user wants to edit a question/answer or add/remove an answer:
1)  clear voting results, showing an alert, and start the voting over again. But in this case if a user finds a misprint in a voting, the voting results will be lost. So we have another option:
2) the user should contact with an administrator and the admin will fix the voting. In this case the user can only remove voting results at the edit page.

It will be interesting to hear your opinion and suggestions about this.

2 (edited by milkychild 2008-12-11 17:57)

Re: pun_poll discussion

actually, i got an error when i tried to update the poll option.

Notice: Undefined index: preview_push in /home/supermilkychild/public_html/forum/post.php(321) : eval()'d code on line 12

edit:
its not a big issue anyway, the poll is worked fine. i just want to let you know!

Some thoughts:
-If a user edit a poll it should be wrote somewhere on it to avoid any confusion (just like the last edited on messages).
-If a user only change a question then results shouldn't be flushed or it should be an option (I'm assuming most edits will be for typos).
-If a user adds/removes questions then the results should be automatically flushed, someone may find the new choice more accurate and wish to change his vote. In such a case a notice should be available in thread's title to let ppl who already read the subject that poll has been reset.
-Not a fan of the idea that you must ask the administrator for a "normal behaviour".

4 (edited by whatrevolution 2008-12-12 22:15)

Neck wrote:

-If a user only change a question then results shouldn't be flushed or it should be an option (I'm assuming most edits will be for typos).

An unsafe assumption.  The poll questions could be swapped to cheat the results.  A simple sollution: compare the original string with the new one.  It doesn't have to be a complicated comparison, just tokenize both strings by whitespace and compare the words; and allow the administrator to set an integer value for "maximum word change in poll question edits".

The most complicated aspect of that is short questions in polls.  Disregard the "maximum word" threshold when the original string's word-count is below the "maximum" integer.

is it done yet?

No, it is not. I think it will be finished at the next week.

ok, thnx

I have now EasyPoll. I am considering to upgrade PunBB to 1.3 but I am not sure if the old polls will be migrated as well?

No, polls will not be migrated. We are going to begin working on the converting tool after the New Year's holidays.

is it done
what is this http://punbb.informer.com/svn/additions … /pun_poll/

This extension does not work. Why has it appeared in repository? neutral

It is true, why?

13 (edited by Abbas 2009-01-13 15:28)

Fully support your work guys and hoping for a quick result !

Btw can the poll be a little fancier with more options that the previous version ?

I tried using the poll but it doesn't work yet.. Any clue as to when this will be completed?

Pun poll 1.0.3 errors:

Notice: Undefined index: p_pun_poll_enable_read in /www/extensions/pun_poll/functions.php on line 80
Notice: Undefined index: p_pun_poll_enable_revote in /www/extensions/pun_poll/functions.php on line 93

Nice polls work great now smile

17 (edited by Whater Soer 2009-01-27 09:32)

Hm, I've got 1.0.3 poll extension and there's a problem with rights management. It's impossible to edit Voting permission field at Administration » Users » Groups » Edit existing group using admin interface. And even if change this valie in the DB directly, users still see polling fields during topic creation or altering... Please advise, what the problem is? Forum: http://forum.autoinscale.com/

Update: just has upgraded to 1.0.4, but nothing changed sad

Pun_poll is being tested now. When its testing is finished, we will make a release and inform you.

padizar wrote:

This extension does not work. Why has it appeared in repository?

It has appeared in repository for more convenient testing by our employees. You have also tested it - I think this method of testing should help us to avoid possible bugs. Thank you for posting and for your bug reports smile

padizar wrote:

Pun poll 1.0.3 errors:

Notice: Undefined index: p_pun_poll_enable_read in /www/extensions/pun_poll/functions.php on line 80
Notice: Undefined index: p_pun_poll_enable_revote in /www/extensions/pun_poll/functions.php on line 93

This bug was fixed in 1.0.4.

Whater Soer wrote:

..It's impossible to edit Voting permission field at Administration » Users » Groups » Edit existing group using admin interface. And even if change this valie in the DB directly, users still see polling fields during topic creation or altering...

I will check this up. Thanks.

First release of the extension http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … e-punpoll/

great job. best way of putting to rest rumours that informer is not commited to pun smile
thanks!