Topic: Looking for someone qualified to install mods for a fee

I’m new to web development and learning every step of the way. PunBB 1.2.21 will be a critical part of my upcoming site (holding off on 1.3* because of the lack of necessary mods, and the work I’ve invested in 1.2*). However, I’m no coder, and was interested in someone who could install a remaining list of mods for a fee.

Thus far: started with 1.2.20 and updated to 1.2.21, integrated to my site with customized styles, installed Sub Forum Mod - version:  1.0.9.3, Reputation System - version:  2.2.3 and the RSS Mod with updates. I would like to install the Pun Rewrite mod for SEO purposes, but the installation requires replacement of a number of code changes applied by previous mods. This is where it gets too involved for me to do myself, efficiently and correctly. I would also like to add the Google site map mod and I believe there are two applicable bridge files to complete the group installation.

Who would be interested?

Thank you.

Re: Looking for someone qualified to install mods for a fee

Hey 'auto' ;^)
Rumor has it that 'Garciat' does this sort of thing.  If you don't get any repsonses you might try pm'ing him.
Good luck.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Twohawks,

You're one of the few who have been helping me out.

Thank you.

It may also be worthwhile contacting Utchin.

5 (edited by twohawks 2008-12-30 08:56)

Hey 'auto'... since you are staying with 1.2.xx, and it doesn't appear you are turning up any help here (are you?), you may wish to consider Fluxbb instead.  Porting over is a no-brainer (yes you could get help to do it if need be) and then you could ask over at the Fluxbb forum if someone could help you with these mod updates you need assistance with.

Just an alternative thought since I haven't seen anyone answer your posts either here or at punres.
Cheers,

Sidenote @Matt: wow, do you know it appears you have the most amount of posts in the least amount of time of anyone on this forum `8^O ..whoa! HA!

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

twohawks wrote:

Sidenote @Matt: wow, do you know it appears you have the most amount of posts in the least amount of time of anyone on this forum `8^O ..whoa! HA!

big_smile big_smile

Thanks twohawks,

Matt has been helping me and it's almost right where I want it.

AlexanderS wrote:

Utchin? (I know it sure ain't this Matt). big_smile Glad you're getting sorted. smile

Yes, Matt Hutchings. He's been great.

AlexanderS wrote:

Yes, Matt Hutchings. He's been great.

Cheers. Just sent you the work you requested.

At the moment, the work has been free wink Mainly because we (Punbb) want to sort out a proper system for paid work. Such as how much to charge, support, problems, agreements and quality checking.

We will be looking to have some Punbb paid developers (along side community ones (our plans ill be released soon) ) and didn't want to charge until we have the guidelines in place.

However the option of donating is open. big_smile

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

That's great!

AlexanderS wrote:

Thanks twohawks,

Oh, glad to hear that.

@Utchin: It will be interesting to see a thread on charging and donating (when the time comes).
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool