Topic: PunBB 1.3.2

PunBB 1.3.2 has been released. Apart from minor bugs, the following security flaws have been resolved (reported by Stefan Esser):

As usual, security hotfixes for versions 1.3 and 1.3.1 have been released.

Downloads: get the latest PunBB on Downloads page or via Subversion repository.

Re: PunBB 1.3.2

how can i do update from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 ?
thank u .

mixcelebs wrote:

how can i do update from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 ?
thank u .

Download the changed files zip: http://punbb.informer.com/download/punb … _files.zip

Overwrite the files and make sure to CHMOD: .../cache, .../img/avatars and .../extensions to 777

Thank you for your help.

I was thinking that SQL Injections was part of the past with PHP5 and the new DB methods.
Are punbb still dealing with SQL Injection manually?

Upgrading ...

http://tinymailto.com/oliversl <-- my email after a captcha

When punbb 1.3.2 released while I open my punbb 1.3.0 there is an error in the top : Undefined index: hotfix in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/include/cache.php on line 374

thanks for the update.

I think the news needs to be updated.

Nevermind, I have updated it. It's works

anggiawan wrote:

...there is an error in the top : Undefined index: hotfix in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/include/cache.php on line 374

This error was fixed in [978]

The Administrator Alert on 1.3.2 release does not disappear after I read it, same for the New Alerts flag at the top menu.

Is it supposed to be this way?

Yes, it is

Why?

8k84 wrote:

Why?

Add PunBB feature request and describe the details there please :-)

Carpe diem

14 (edited by 8k84 2008-12-09 22:50)

You mean there is some rational behind nagging forum admin about non-critical news? roll

Ruins the idea of admin alerts since people tend to not pay attention to an alert that is always on.

Thanks for the update. I have successfully updated to 1.3.2 smile
I have a few questons !
When I updated I kept my Oxygen.css of 1.3.1 because I made some change... color... banner... etc...
But I found Oxygen.css in changed file list (1.3.1 to 1.3.2), so my question is shall I keep or need to change anything ?
Its working fine for me....

and the other quesion,  pun_repository always shows error... try later something like that...
Is is normal ?

Thanks a lot smile

SkyLine wrote:

But I found Oxygen.css in changed file list (1.3.1 to 1.3.2), so my question is shall I keep or need to change anything ?
Its working fine for me....

Look at 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 hdiff and consider porting the CSS-changes manually.

SkyLine wrote:

un_repository always shows error... try later something like that...
Is is normal ?

Probably not.
Report the issue details in 1.3 extensions forum please.

Carpe diem

Anatoly wrote:

Look at 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 hdiff and consider porting the CSS-changes manually.

Probably not.
Report the issue details in 1.3 extensions forum please.

Thanks Anatoly, this is very usefull smile , I ll make the changes.
Yea I ll report it too smile

Is there a 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 hdiff?

I dont see that or the 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 conversion on the downloads page sad

I've just generated them. Please, check the download archive.

You can add these links to the wiki downloads page wink

yes it is ..

beyond dream , Air Max Dream

I've updated from 1.3 to 1.3.2 using the files in punbb-1.3_to_1.3.2-changed_files.zip

After uploading the files the forum stop working showing this message:
"Your PunBB database is out-of-date and must be upgraded in order to continue. Please run db_update.php in order to complete the upgrade process."

I had to edit the config table in the database and delete the cache files, none on this were on a README or any file in the zip package.

Another weird thing is that the link to the db_update.php script was exposed to every visitor! anyone could click on that and start the upgrade process. I don't know if this is normal but it looked weird to me hmm

Well, how would it know who to show the link to? If it showed it only to the IP stored on your admin's account, it could make fixing your forum nearly impossible if your IP changes.

great job!

I've read the instructions but don't understand how to upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3. Can anyone help please? It's for our community garden bulletin board. Willing to pay. Please reply to pcw [at] paulwest.com. Thank you!!!

mycopablo wrote:

I've read the instructions but don't understand how to upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3. Can anyone help please? It's for our community garden bulletin board. Willing to pay. Please reply to pcw [at] paulwest.com. Thank you!!!

To upgrade your Punbb 1.2 forum to Punbb 1.3, you should follow these steps:

• Download the latest Punbb version from the downloads page.

• Upload all Punbb 1.3 files from the upload folder within the downloaded zip file.

• Run admin/db_update.php (e.g. open http://example.com/myforums/admin/db_update.php in your browser).

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.