Topic: level of useage

okej, installed punbb and all works very well, at one level

say that i have three Categories

1: Intern
2: intern2
3: everyone

well you get the point

now i would like to make some users to be able to read all 3, some users to read 2 and 3 and some users to read only 3

well, number 3 is regular useres but how can i make the other 2 Categories to work the way i want, this is pretty importent for me to contiue use the forum, and i dont wanna use the moderator choice cause this aint what om looking for
i dont want to have 500 moderators in my forums

Im Jacks Broken Heart

2 (edited by Netfeed 2004-04-15 14:56)

Re: level of useage

okey, found this: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3537
the onlye problem is that im using PostgreSql and wonder how shall the table be altred then?

i wonder because i get this error:

File: /home/sexet/html/new/forum/install_mod.php
Line: 30

PunBB reported: Unable to alter table structure
Database reported: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "," at character 64 (Errno: -1)

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Try replacing that row with these two:

$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ADD locked SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ADD locked_users TEXT') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

File: /home/sexet/html/new/forum/install_mod.php
Line: 29

PunBB reported: Unable to alter table structure
Database reported: ERROR: Adding columns with defaults is not implemented. Add the column, then use ALTER TABLE SET DEFAULT. (Errno: -1)

Im Jacks Broken Heart

it would be really nice if someone could help me with this...

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Ok, try these three rows instead:

$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ADD locked SMALLINT NOT NULL') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ALTER COLUMN locked SET DEFAULT 0') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ADD locked_users TEXT') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

7 (edited by Netfeed 2004-04-16 22:31)

that didnt work, but this seems to make it

$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ADD locked SMALLINT') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
$db->query('ALTER TABLE '.$db->prefix.'forums ALTER COLUMN locked SET DEFAULT 0') or error('Unable to alter table structure', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Im Jacks Broken Heart

that worked splendid, thank you

Im Jacks Broken Heart

So, you got an error when trying to add a new column when specifying NOT NULL?

yes precisly
it said something like that you couldnt set null to it
but it was solved when i get rid of it and its seems to works as it shall now

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Ok, cool. Jansson, could you perhaps update the mod with the above SQL statements for PostgreSQL?