Topic: integrate punbb with the main site

hello new here and i have some questions about punbb, if the answears looks like what i wanna hera then you have a new punbb user smile

the site i wanna make shall be built around a forum and the point is that you can use the same profile that you have in the forum to get some extra features in the site

so first of: is this possible?
second: is this hard to make?
third: how modable is punbb?
fourth: how easy is punbb to administrate?

i hope you get my idea of what im trying to make and i hope you understand my crapy spelling

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Re: integrate punbb with the main site

is this possible : yes ,my site use user profile outside PunBB forum and use same style.css

is this hard to make : no, this site well help you, search for "Front Page" or "Home" or "News"

punbb is best for mod, and like another Forums features ,about (90%)
for me PunBB is fast , easy an beautiful
You can start.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

okey, one more question

i have really tried to get this to work but i really dont understand it

say i have a box made our of css how can i now get punbb in to this box?
and dont rederict me to the templates cause they aint saying me anything

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Netfeed wrote:

and dont rederict me to the templates cause they aint saying me anything

Unfortunately, that's the only anwer you are going to get. You have to edit main.tpl to include you own css box. You can do it in reverse if you really want to. Take a copy of your sites index page, rename it main.tpl and insert the appropriate parts of PunBB from the original main.tpl.

cant you then explain what the diffrent parts has to do with it and wich parts that should be changed?

Im Jacks Broken Heart

okey, i get the point now that you can move the main.tpl where ever you want and then point in the header where it shall be
thats neat, but then again how can i make a lot of sites point at one forum, all shall include it in another file

say
www.whatever.com
www.helloworld.com
www.foo.com

wants to have the same forum and all of them whats to include it as say http://www.woutk.pcextreme.nl/index.php

how can i do this then?

Im Jacks Broken Heart

7 (edited by zaher 2004-05-07 16:03)

You need one forum for many sites ?

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

another way .. I found out -> if u do don't like meddling with the main.tpl. You can use <pun_include "(.*?)">.