Topic: new install

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say my new install is working fine. 

1)  i added thai language and uploaded it to /lang/Thai_UTF8

2)  i added a new style and uploaded it to /style/test

My questions are how do i detect and install the new style and the new language?

It does not show up in the setup in the admin section.

Thanks,

Gibs

Re: new install

Are they valid 1.3 modifications?

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Utchin wrote:

Are they valid 1.3 modifications?

I am not sure.  How do i find out?  Took awhile to search and find them to download.   Or do you have a link for thai language that works with current version?

Thanks,

Gibs

To add new languages, place them in directory <FORUM_ROOT>/lang. To add new styles, place them in directory <FORUM_ROOT>/style. Then go to <FORUM_URL>admin/settings.php?section=setup and change the default style and language.

I've never seen THAI 1.3 language till now.
Check if you have these 29 files gib : http://keydogbb.info/viewforum.php?id=11 

Chances are good you're trying with 1.2 I think.

But maybe you could translate for 1.3 ? big_smile

KeyDog wrote:

I've never seen THAI 1.3 language till now.
Check if you have these 29 files gib : http://keydogbb.info/viewforum.php?id=11 

Chances are good you're trying with 1.2 I think.

But maybe you could translate for 1.3 ? big_smile

Hi,

Actually there are only 12 files in the language pack.  So why did they come out with a new version that is not compatible with anything?  Crazy.... now what to do?  If i had instructions maybe my wife could help do it for sure.

Gibs

gibsongk55 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say my new install is working fine. 

1)  i added thai language and uploaded it to /lang/Thai_UTF8

2)  i added a new style and uploaded it to /style/test

My questions are how do i detect and install the new style and the new language?

It does not show up in the setup in the admin section.

Thanks,

Gibs

Under the style i added it didn't have the php file so i copied it from the oxygen style and now have test.php for the test style.  I recognizes it now and i selected it but it still does not load.  I cleared the cache and it came up once and now still showing the standard oxygen style.  Any suggestions?

Gibs

translating is easy part:
all you need to do is
replace the right hand columns english text in those 29 language 1.3.* files on the above mentioned page with the THAI words/phrases,
then save them as .php

maybe download a trial version of phpdesigner if you don't want to do it in text editors
or let your wife just translate in word or text and then you copy it to phpdesigner or similiar...

will take some time. but sure it will be appreciated....

on your other issue:
where did you download the style? link?

KeyDog wrote:

translating is easy part:
all you need to do is
replace the right hand columns english text in those 29 language 1.3.* files on the above mentioned page with the THAI words/phrases,
then save them as .php

maybe download a trial version of phpdesigner if you don't want to do it in text editors
or let your wife just translate in word or text and then you copy it to phpdesigner or similiar...

will take some time. but sure it will be appreciated....

on your other issue:
where did you download the style? link?

I can't for the life of me find that download for the style.  I can email it to you if you like.  Anyway I just copied those files in english because the admin for the forum can read english.  Just the posters will post in thai.  So i got that to work along with the style, only now i get about 23 errors.

Notice: Undefined index: lang_identifier in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined index: lang_identifier in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined index: Title separator in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 79

Notice: Undefined index: Forum index in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 105

Notice: Undefined index: Skip to content in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 164

Notice: Undefined index: Login nag in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 193

Notice: Undefined index: Active topics title in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: Active topics in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: Unanswered topics title in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 205

Notice: Undefined index: Unanswered topics in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/header.php on line 205

* หน้าแรก
    * รายชื่อผู้ใช้งาน
    * ค้นหา
    * ลงทะเบียน
    * เข้าสู่ระบบ

คุณยังไม่ได้ล็อคอินเข้าสู่ระบบ

Notice: Undefined index: Forums in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 106

Notice: Undefined index: topics in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 107

Notice: Undefined index: posts in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 108

Notice: Undefined index: last post in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 109
Test category

Notice: Undefined index: Category subtitle in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 119

Notice: Undefined index: lang_decimal_point in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/include/functions.php on line 353

Notice: Undefined index: lang_thousands_sep in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/include/functions.php on line 353

Notice: Undefined index: topic in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 203

Notice: Undefined index: lang_decimal_point in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/include/functions.php on line 353

Notice: Undefined index: lang_thousands_sep in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/include/functions.php on line 353

Notice: Undefined index: post in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: Last post in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 207

Notice: Undefined index: Last poster in /home8/moretele/public_html/poodarai/index.php on line 207

gibsongk55 wrote:

So i got that to work along with the style, only now i get about 23 errors.

you're using a mix of files now? some 1.3 and some 1.2 thai? or what? you can NOT do that

the style you're using is obviously not 1.3 so use a default style and see if you get errors with the languages mix you've installed... if you do: you need to properly translate the "frontend" thai files based on the files of 1.3.

style: upload the style to rapidshare or somewhere and post link here
that way anyone can help who has time for it

I assume you will need to remake the 1.2 style or have someone do it for you.

KeyDog wrote:
gibsongk55 wrote:

you're using a mix of files now? some 1.3 and some 1.2 thai? or what? you can NOT do that

the style you're using is obviously not 1.3 so use a default style and see if you get errors with the languages mix you've installed... if you do: you need to properly translate the "frontend" thai files based on the files of 1.3.

Thanks for the reply.  It is definately the language because removing the style didnt help the errors.  So later today I will look into fixing that.   Might take a few days to get that done.

Thanks,

Gibs

12 (edited by gibsongk55 2009-03-01 02:19)

KeyDog wrote:
gibsongk55 wrote:

Hi,

Okay I got the thai language to work.  Basically i used the english lang files and pasted in all the thai sections that were already done.  It will work for now because I cannot read thai myself and i will be working on the forum so i will need some english as well to guide me. 

By the way is there a way for users to choose what language they want the forum to appear in?  In other words can they choose to load the forum in thai or english on the login page or in their profile?

Next the template.  The template works now except when displayed the buttons don't show up and neither does the login box.  I really would like to use this template.  If someone could please look at it and help me out that would be greatly appreciated.  Also how do I change the buttons in the template for thai language?

Here is the link for the template.

http://www.poodarai.com/midnight.zip

Thanks for help,

William

Good Jobs smile)