Re: Extensions by Rich Pedley

esupergood wrote:

Essential for me. Yes Please!!!
It stops people registering new accounts just so they can vote themself up or vote other people down & down & down

yeah tahts exaactly why i would like to see this smile

~Cereal
I've finally learned what "upward compatible" means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.
The limits of language are the limits of one's world.

bah that would mean storing all the karma details again - which I just set up to delete!! Although nice idea, I fear things could get complicated - so I'm not sure about this one.

The disallow enable/decrease would be easy to add in - so a possible.

Only enabling if posted more than, is a good idea so I'll look at adding that.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

cooooool wink

54 (edited by Reactor 2009-02-14 13:27)

punbb wrote:

Notice: Undefined index: SET in /var/www/punbb/admin/groups.php(440) : eval()'d code on line 10

When I set an image for usergroup theere is something like that.

please confirm which page you were on that gives this error, thanks.

byUsers forum

While I edit my group and insert default .png icon: http://www.deinemutter.pl/admin/groups.php?edit_group=1
After that every post of users with this group is followed by:

Warning: mysql_data_seek(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/deinemutter/viewtopic.php(461) : eval()'d code on line 116

thanks, I'll take a look asap

byUsers forum

Thank you for your great work Rich smile

I am using your forum_fixes_imgs on a fresh 1.3.2 installation, and it is working almost fine, but I have some little questions. First thing I noticed is that, once the extension is installed and activated, the "[Generated in 0.057 seconds, 7 queries executed ] is not displayed anymore on the bottom of the forum. Is there a way to fix this?

I also have another problem with the extension, I will try to explain it as clear as possible. I'm using a french language, and the status "Online" is replaced by "En ligne" in french.

In Firefox everything works fine:

http://ups.imagup.com/02/1235177523_firefox-ok.png

But Ie doesn't display correctly the "g" in the "En ligne" status:

http://ups.imagup.com/02/1235177653_ie-bug.png

You see? The g is cutted in the bottom. I checked with Ie6 and Ie7 and there is this bug with both, is there any way to fix it?

Thanks to anyone who can help me fixing those little bugs.

The text is there, just cut off by the look of it - try adding a line-height to the CSS.

Can't remember about the generated in ... bit - and can't see where I coded that. Aha I didn't I put in the CSS because you can't undefine in php.

remove this from the CSS file:
p#querytime{display:none;}

byUsers forum

Yes the text is here, I can copy it. I just tried what you told me, so in the img.css I replaced

/* forum fixes */
p#querytime{display:none;}
#brd-about{margin-bottom:15px;}

with

/* forum fixes */
#brd-about{margin-bottom:15px;}

But the g is still cutted at the bottom in Ie.

sorry didn't give you the css for the online bit try changing this:

.brd .postbody .author-ident .userstatus span {
    border:0;
    text-indent: 0px;
    padding-left:18px;
    min-height:16px;
}

to this:

.brd .postbody .author-ident .userstatus span {
    border:0;
    text-indent: 0px;
    padding-left:18px;
    min-height:16px;
        line-height:1.8em;
}
byUsers forum

It works perfectly, it displays just fine now, thank you so much! smile

What do you think about the "[ Generated in 0.058 seconds, 11 queries executed ]" that is not displayed at the bottom of the forum, is there a way to get it back?

Anyway, this is a wonderful extension!

Well, forget it, now the queries are displayed again. Maybe it's because of the css mod I just made?

Thank you again for your precious help smile

yep I hid it with CSS, the querytime bit hides it.

Note to developers - can we please change that define so it doesn't automatically show and allow extension developers a method of turning it on/off. DEFINE stops is from doing so.

byUsers forum

I just noticed another little display bug, it's must probably be because I reduced my forum's width:

http://ups.imagup.com/02/1235323490_sans-reponse.png

You can see on the right of the picture that the icon unanswered.png is not displayed as it should be, it is lower than the others icons and cutted in the middle.

Can I have  a link to the site to see that one - I can then play with CSS and provide a solution for you.

byUsers forum

67 (edited by Reactor 2009-02-22 19:49)

Rich, do you know why I've these errors?

haven't had chance to look at that error at all - what version of mysql is in use on your site? it may be that your version doesn't like: mysql_data_seek

If so then i may look at replacing that portion of code - especially as it is a mysql only call. But I literally haven't the time at the moment to spend on it at the momet, I'm bogged down in another  project.

byUsers forum

My MySQL is: MySQL Improved 5.0.51a

yep that explains it - try commenting out the mysql_data_seek line - can't recall what effects happen when it isn't used.

I'll be looking at changing for the next release.

byUsers forum

71 (edited by Khalid-S 2009-03-03 00:58)

Rich, I installed BBCode extension but I cant see any spoiler tag-icon in quick reply.
Where should I move bbcode_extended.css, to /style folder or inside the theme folder /style/Oxygen ?

Thanks.

no need to move the css, the extension places a call to it in the header from the extension directory.

I wasn't able to add it to the pun_bbcode bar via the extension, I had to make those changes manually.

I'll be looking at releasing a different bbcode bar in the future, which should be more extensible than the official one.

byUsers forum

I'll soon have a bb_bar extension available for testing it will include and replace my extended bbcoode (spoilers and strikethrough)  extension.

It will be easier to use, but more difficult to add to, sadly. I'll hopefully have a demo available when I clear the decks of other outstanding stuff.

byUsers forum

Regarding the eKarma Extension:

Is it possible so members cant remove the thanks / karma +,
They can only give it.?

But still possible for Mods / Admins to edit karma + or - either by both options shows for the mod / admin groups, or via the given users profile.

Cheers.

with the current no - and I'm unlikely to add that in as an option, sorry.

byUsers forum