1 (edited by YonasH 2009-03-09 01:20)

Topic: [release] Post edit grace period

Hello

This extension adds configurable grace period for editing posts without showing "Last edited by" (for users only).
Administrators and moderators are still chosing this by selecting/unselecting "Silent edit" checkbox.

edit_post_grace_period.zip version 1.0

Version 1.1
-Now it removes "Last edited by" only if it's last post still
post_edit_grace_period_1.1.zip

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

Away. I will be back soon.

Re: [release] Post edit grace period

awesome. Will test this later smile

I would like this extension to work even if I have disabled user-editing of posts. I basically ONLY want my users to edit their typos in the first 60 seconds after their post and after that NEVER allowed to edit their posts.

esupergood wrote:

I would like this extension to work even if I have disabled user-editing of posts. I basically ONLY want my users to edit their typos in the first 60 seconds after their post and after that NEVER allowed to edit their posts.

+1

esupergood wrote:

Yeah, that would be great.

6 (edited by 8k84 2009-01-17 19:31)

Actually, another reasonable approach would be to allow editing of the last post in a topic only.

8k84 wrote:

Actually, another reasonable approach would be to allow editing of the last post in a topic only.

What should happen, if someone reply 1 second after me? Can I edit it after 5 sec?

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

8 (edited by gokieks 2009-01-17 22:49)

The best way to do it, IMO would be to let users silent edit until there's been a reply, or X minutes has passed, whichever comes first; and have the "allow edit only within Y minutes" function be a separate extension.

yonash wrote:
8k84 wrote:

What should happen, if someone reply 1 second after me? Can I edit it after 5 sec?

The idea is that you're not allowed to alter your message after it's been replied to. So the answer to your question is "no, you can't". cool

gokieks wrote:

The best way to do it, IMO would be to let users silent edit until there's been a reply, or X minutes has passed, whichever comes first...

I second that.

8k84 wrote:
gokieks wrote:

The best way to do it, IMO would be to let users silent edit until there's been a reply, or X minutes has passed, whichever comes first...

I second that.

thirded

esupergood wrote:
8k84 wrote:
gokieks wrote:

I second that.

thirded

that's good. I will do this smile

gokieks wrote:

done. check first post smile

will install this later. I'm very excited. THANKS!!

OH NO!!!
I want users to only be able to edit their own posts until there's been a reply or X minutes has passed. And thats it. Once either of those 2 things happen, the user should NEVER be allowed to edit that post again.

I don't think this new release helps achieve this does it?

esupergood wrote:

the user should NEVER be allowed to edit that post again.

That has to be an option. I personally like the user to be able to edit even after a reply. The "Last edited by someone ..." note will appear i that case.

Another way is this extension to allow editing for the specified time even when from the board settings that has been forbidden.

I'm using PunBB at Forex Forum since 2006.

Another way is this extension to allow editing for the specified time even when from the board settings that has been forbidden.

Yes that's what I'm looking for

esupergood wrote:

OH NO!!!
I want users to only be able to edit their own posts until there's been a reply or X minutes has passed. And thats it. Once either of those 2 things happen, the user should NEVER be allowed to edit that post again.

I don't think this new release helps achieve this does it?

I know what you are looking for. But it should be new extension imo.
Maybe I'll do this sometime. Now my private life takes 200% of my free time wink

That's cool smile
I'm not trying to pressurise you. I should learn better coding if I'm so desparate smile

20 (edited by achtungbaby 2010-04-05 09:32)

is it possible to prohibit Edit after a period ?

YonasH wrote:

+1

Here's a fixed download link for the extension

Post Edit Grace Period