Re: [Release] ChatLite v0.5.1 (javascript chat on forum index)

i got error unable to establish connection using 0.6 chat

if mONey is lOSt nOThINg is lOSt,
if cHArACtER is lOSt sOMeTHiNG is lOSt,
bUT,
if rELiGIon and eDUcATiON aRE lOSt eVErYThINg is lOSt.

77 (edited by steve51184 2009-03-05 20:01)

hey 'Neck' and/or 'slickplaid' i just downloaded and installed your ChatLite 0.60 but it doesn't work very well with the style "Mercury 3" any chance you can help me with this?

link to style:
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … mercury-3/

screenshot:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7670/36172112.th.png

as you can see it doesn't quite fit the sites layout right and the color is all wrong and also the chats are showing in white and you can't see them

i've kinda sorted this out by editing the css from the chat to fit the forum a bit nicer but it'd still be nice to get an official fix smile

I'm working on releasing a new version of my modified chat. All issues you're having should be resolved in this release.

slickplaid wrote:

I'm working on releasing a new version of my modified chat. All issues you're having should be resolved in this release.

Can't wait!
I hope you'll make a new topic announcing its release when ready

I will, definitely. I'll be releasing it under a different name since it is a fork of the original development.

If you have time, I'd love to see the proposed feature list of your chatroom design. smile

New feature list:

• Emotes can be sent using /me

• Private Messaging, modal message boxes

• Private Chatroom for Moderators/Admins to use

• You can set how many messages to retain in the chatbox

• Ability to log chat

• Hover tooltips on usernames with userinfo and statistics

• Font Colors

• Smileys

• Completely rewritten to use jQuery instead of Prototype (Possible fork of my development in that area)
    If a user logs off or goes inactive, it will gray out their text

• Option to either use a flatfile or mysql to retain messages

• Ability to select who can view the chatbox

• CSS compatibility with other styles

About 1/4 of these are finished so far. The other 3/4 are on my TODO list. big_smile

Cool! Sounds good.
How will the chatbox/window be displayed? And will you be able to see who is currently viewing the chatroom as opposed to just being logged on?

How about moving the chat to it's own page? Will this be possible?

tnx

slickplaid, any beta version? tongue

Having issues with this extension at http://forums.fsmod.com/  it works generally flawlessly, except for users in IE7.  They see only one message at a time, from days ago.  And have to refresh the page manually repetitively to see each consecutive message until they reach the most recent message.

Hi, is there a way to make this extension viewable only to registered users? I don't like the security risks of having it list out user names, it allows for a possible brute force attack. Don't want spam. Thank you in advance!

89 (edited by slickplaid 2009-04-20 20:07)

Yes, there is. I will be releasing a temporary update until I can finish more that will allow you to select whether it can be viewed by guests or not.

If you want to do a quick fix for that, you can add this into the manifest.xml, check the first and last lines, those are the ones you'll need to add:

in <hook id="hd_head">  line ~150-170

if(!$forum_user['is_guest']) { // this will remove the chat for users that aren't logged in

$forum_head['prototypejs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/prototype.js"></script>';
            $forum_head['ek_chatlitejs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/chat.js?logged='.(($forum_user['is_guest']) ? 0 :(($forum_user['g_id'] == FORUM_ADMIN) ? 2 : 1)).'&amp;baseUri='.$base_url.'/&amp;extUri='.$ext_info['url'].'/"></script>';

if (file_exists($ext_info['path'].'/media/js/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'.js')) {
                $forum_head['ek_chatlitelangjs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'.js"></script>';
            } else {
                $forum_head['ek_chatlitelangjs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/lang/English.js"></script>';
            }

$ek_chatlite_css = (file_exists($ext_info['path'].'/media/css/'.$forum_user['style'].'.css')) ? $forum_user['style'] : 'default';
            $forum_head['style_ek_chatlite'] = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/css/'.$ek_chatlite_css.'.css" />';
    }  // this is the ending brace for removing guest access

And since this is a fork of the original development, it'll be released under a different name.

slickplaid wrote:

Yes, there is. I will be releasing a temporary update until I can finish more that will allow you to select whether it can be viewed by guests or not.

If you want to do a quick fix for that, you can add this into the manifest.xml, check the first and last lines, those are the ones you'll need to add:

in <hook id="hd_head">  line ~150-170

if(!$forum_user['is_guest']) { // this will remove the chat for users that aren't logged in

$forum_head['prototypejs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/prototype.js"></script>';
            $forum_head['ek_chatlitejs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/chat.js?logged='.(($forum_user['is_guest']) ? 0 :(($forum_user['g_id'] == FORUM_ADMIN) ? 2 : 1)).'&amp;baseUri='.$base_url.'/&amp;extUri='.$ext_info['url'].'/"></script>';

if (file_exists($ext_info['path'].'/media/js/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'.js')) {
                $forum_head['ek_chatlitelangjs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/lang/'.$forum_user['language'].'.js"></script>';
            } else {
                $forum_head['ek_chatlitelangjs'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/js/lang/English.js"></script>';
            }

$ek_chatlite_css = (file_exists($ext_info['path'].'/media/css/'.$forum_user['style'].'.css')) ? $forum_user['style'] : 'default';
            $forum_head['style_ek_chatlite'] = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="'.$ext_info['url'].'/media/css/'.$ek_chatlite_css.'.css" />';
    }  // this is the ending brace for removing guest access

And since this is a fork of the original development, it'll be released under a different name.

Ok great. Now, I'm not sure if you can help with this or not. Can I do the same thing with the guest user while using Daris Portal. See: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … -by-daris/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for the help!

I tried that fix, that did not work. It is still working, but shows up still on the guest page.

You put both

if(!$forum_user['is_guest']) {

and the trailing

}

at the end?

slickplaid wrote:

You put both

and the trailing

}

at the end?

Yes, the only difference between what you said and gave me, was that the lines @ 38, not 150.

dasunsrule32 wrote:
slickplaid wrote:

You put both

and the trailing

}

at the end?

Yes, the only difference between what you said and gave me, was that the lines @ 38, not 150.

Try only putting it around the javascript includes:

}

slickplaid wrote:
dasunsrule32 wrote:
slickplaid wrote:

You put both

and the trailing

}

at the end?

Try only putting it around the javascript includes:

}

Ok, I will give it a try later tonight. Thanks!

slickplaid: Thank you! Got it working perfectly! I also got it functioning inside portal by daris! Great stuff. Please post when you are going to release the new fork! Can't wait!

revclan.co.cc... it doenst let the chat go beyond a certain amount of entries in the chat.dat... once its full it just says no messages... any ideas?

Hello,

Is there any chance to run this excellent script (or older version) under PHP 5.0.4

I'm using PunBB at Forex Forum since 2006.

Hello,

I have error :

Error: unable to establish connection.

Why ?
I use punbb 1.3.4

Thanks a lot !

N3twork2 wrote:

Hello,

I have error :

Error: unable to establish connection.

Check the values of $db_host, $db_name, $db_username, $db_password in the <FORUM_ROOT>/config.php. If those values are ok, contact your hoster.