1 (edited by dimkalinux 2011-08-22 16:52)

Topic: [release] Post Edit Period

Hello,
I have made this extension for my forum. But thought to share with you.

When this plugin is enabled, users can't edit there post after the specified duration. You can specify the duration from Settings- > Features section. It only allows minutes. If you want 24 hours then you may write 1440 in the box.

Click Here to Download

bug reports, suggestions, comments are appreciated.

thanks

Version for PunBB 1.4
post_edit_control.zip — version 0.6

Re: [release] Post Edit Period

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for but it didn't work.
I gave the usergroup of my test account permission to edit posts, then I installed your extension, set it to 2 minutes, made a new post, clicked edit and got this message:

You can't edit this post anymore as editing time is expired. If you need to correct anything please report to Admin and Moderators. They will take care of that.

I then changed it from 2 minutes to 60 minutes but that didn't work either.
So I think the times are broken perhaps?

Good work though, I'm excited about getting this working for my forum smile

3 (edited by rajuru 2009-03-26 08:08)

esupergood wrote:

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for but it didn't work.
I gave the usergroup of my test account permission to edit posts, then I installed your extension, set it to 2 minutes, made a new post, clicked edit and got this message:

You can't edit this post anymore as editing time is expired. If you need to correct anything please report to Admin and Moderators. They will take care of that.

I then changed it from 2 minutes to 60 minutes but that didn't work either.
So I think the times are broken perhaps?

Good work though, I'm excited about getting this working for my forum smile

ops! sorry to hear that. please pm on thehungrycoder on YIM. I will learn more about the bug and ensure a solution.

thanks

hello dear,
i just tested this on fresh PunBB installation (1.3.2) and I found it working.

So let me check I'm doing it correctly:

- group permissions should be set to allow editing of posts
- extensions settings to 60 minutes

That's what I'm doing but still getting above error code.
Hmm. Let's see if other people install it and have same problem as me.
Thanks smile
SG

Is it possible to work on 1.3 version?

i now get

Loading of extension "edit_period" failed.
This extension requires PunBB 1.3.2 or later.

tnx

teva wrote:

Is it possible to work on 1.3 version?

i now get

Loading of extension "edit_period" failed.
This extension requires PunBB 1.3.2 or later.

tnx

hello,
i have made it on 1.3.2 and could not test it on earlier releases. you can change the minor version setting from menifest.xml file and check. if it works let me know, i will update release. smile

I haven't look into code at all, but I'm almost sure that it is time zone issue wink

YonasH's repository + Extensions Directory = PunBB Extensions Online Library (in progress....)

Away. I will be back soon.

9 (edited by esupergood 2009-03-27 16:27)

YonasH wrote:

I haven't look into code at all, but I'm almost sure that it is time zone issue wink

Would you say my server is at fault, my forum settings, my PC, or maybe the extension?
hmmmmm smile

YonasH wrote:

thanks for your input. but I did run two installations that are different timezone. but both worked fine. My old (where i built it) is UTC+6. new installation is UTC. it is working in both cases.

thanks

rajuru wrote:

hello,
i have made it on 1.3.2 and could not test it on earlier releases. you can change the minor version setting from menifest.xml file and check. if it works let me know, i will update release.

I manage to install it now. But i can't edit a post, because input field is not showing. Period time works fine and is shown in the admin console. It just doesn't show field for editing.

Tnx

Seems to work on my forum.

One suggestion/request: would be nice to "expire" this period once the message is not the last one in the topic.

8k84 wrote:

period once the message is not the

do u meant that u want to disable edit anyway if there is replies after the current post/reply?

14 (edited by 8k84 2009-04-04 16:01)

Yes.

And thanks for the extension, it's really useful. smile

8k84 wrote:

Yes.

And thanks for the extension, it's really useful. smile

pleasure that someone finds it useful. will try to manage sometime to do ur expected function.

good luck.

I still haven't been able to get it working sad

Hm... something happened... Now when the period is not expired, "Edit" link is still there but when I click on it, I get the "You can't edit this post anymore as editing time is expired..." message

8k84 wrote:

Hm... something happened... Now when the period is not expired, "Edit" link is still there but when I click on it, I get the "You can't edit this post anymore as editing time is expired..." message

thats cool. as both reported same problem, then i must need to recheck.

thanks for reporting.

Good man smile

can you please try using it and let me know the update?
http://forum.projanmo.com/extensions/edit_period.zip

thanks

will test tomorrow. thanks for your effort!!

Nothing changed, same problem.

However, when I set the period to 6000, it allowed me to edit.

23 (edited by 8k84 2009-04-05 23:29)

Kind of weird: at 2:12 I created a message, and at 2:18 it would allow me to edit it if period is set to 1888, while at 2:23 -- if period is 1895.

sorry dude for making troubles for all of you! found the main problem. so far I screwed up with logic. but i now see that $cur_post['posted'] is not what I initially thought. i need to make my own query or change the initial query to include posted field from posts table.

believe to give u a definite solution after good test.

thanks

Yes, in you manifest.xml file parameter $cur_post['posted'] gives posted time for the first message of current topic rather than current message.

Why don't you take a look at YonasH's post_edit_grace_period extension and handle the posted time in the same way?