Topic: emailnotification in extension pun_pm

Hey there,

is there any way to activate emailnotification for pun_pm? With this missing function no one gets info that he got a private message. Thats bad sad

greetz
Franky

Re: emailnotification in extension pun_pm

See this discussion, please.

Kahmoon, If you wait til later on tonight (UK time), I will make an extension to addon to pun_pm so that you are able to set it to send you an email alert if you have a pm.
This will be an option in the users profile area and there will be an admin option to turn this on or off if you are experiencing email problems or what ever.

Let me know if you want this or not, as I don't but I will be happy to do it for you.

That would be VERY nice smile. I think many users using pun_pm would appreciate that.

I have to add aditional variables to my language template?

Franky

I will add a English.php language file, if you use any other language, you will have to translate yourself as English is the only language I know wink
Will make this when I get home later (as my xampp has now died and I am reinstalling now then going out)

Hope this helps

yeah..i have to translate it to german. Thats ok.

thanks...no hurry smile

greetz

By the way, if you need some hooks in pun_pm just let me know. I'll add them and release a new version.

I have not yet looked at pun_pm, I'm hoping there are hooks in it already. If not, I will add them in where I need them, And I will let you know where I added them and hopefully you can add some in the similar place.

Unfortunately, there are no hooks.

Smith wrote:

I will let you know where I added them and hopefully you can add some in the similar place.

Sure.

Ok, I have just started on this, I am currently doing the options to enable / disable this for users / admin, then I will look at the pun_pm extension and let you know where I require the hooks.

Just to quickly update you, I am just about to test what I've done on my web server instead of on my localhost as my localhost does not have mail setup.

If all goes well with the test, I will let you know and post the hook locations for Parpalak to include in the pun_pm extension.

@Kahmoon: I have completed this extension, But until the updated version of Pun_Pm is released with the hooks that I emailed to Parpalak, It will not work for you tongue
Hopefully he will sort the hooks out soon and then I will release this extension for you smile

Smith, I've made a commit to SVN (pun_pm@1130, zip). Please, test it out. If everything is Ok, I'll release it.

Parpalak, I have tested and works fine, sad to see you missed my clean code indenting though! But other wise working fine.

pun_pm 1.2.5 is released.

There is a reason for such identing. HTML-code in *.xml and *.php files should be aligned to make correct identing in HTML-code of the output page. In other words, idents for XML, PHP and HTML are independent.

Addon released

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … e-pmemail/