Topic: [Release] pm_email

This is an addon to the pun_pm extension (1.2.5).

It allows users to get email alerts when they get a private message on your forum.
You can enable or disable this as an admin in Settings -> Features and users can disable it in there profile under Settings.

Downloads

http://pm-email.googlecode.com/files/pm_email.zip

http://pm-email.googlecode.com/files/pm_email.rar

Please report any bugs and I will do my best to fix them smile

Re: [Release] pm_email

I think this extension should be used with caution. For example, a user can send a PM, then "unsend" by changing the message status to 'draft', then send it again. The receiver will have two e-mails. Other shortcomings were described in this topic: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … ail-alert/

Maybe it's worth to make an additional field in the message table, 'pm_email_notified'. pm_email_notified is 0 by default and becomes 1 when the message is sent first time. E-mail will be sent only once (before setting pm_email_notified to 1), whatever sender does after.

Ok I will look at this again later on when I am done with the next extension I am curently working on.
Shouldn't be to long.

I agree with the above suggestion.
I've subscribed to this topic so please update when a new release is ready.
THANKS VERY MUCH!!!

Smith wrote:

Ok I will look at this again later on when I am done with the next extension I am curently working on.
Shouldn't be to long.

Doesn't one think, for future reference, that concentrating on one extension at a time and sorting  'quirks' straight away is preferable when releasing an extension, than working on several and getting around to it as and when?

Well I did this one to what I "thought" was ok, As I was not aware that that people could retract there pm's that they send. I thought that once its sent, Thats it.
So I then moved onto another one, So I shall finish this one, Then I will move onto this again later on.

If you don't like it, sod you.

Hahah.
I like it, I love it but if you are going to incorporate what MaffF says then I'll wait before I install it smile

Glad to see you can take constructive criticism in an orderly manner.

I can indeed smile
I was just giving you what I thought back, no offence though wink

very useful - missed couple of pm's (2wks) here myself that I noticed today... so I deffo see point in email alerts!
added to database

thx!

Using this extension, I'm still getting email notifications even when I have them turned off in my settings.

Installed and testing.
Thanks smile

Hi, Been busy for a few weeks, But will look at this again later on tonight when I get chance and release a new version with the fixes in it either tonight or tomorrow (GMT)

Smith, I've added a lot of hooks to pun_pm (one of old two hooks is renamed). You may get pun_pm from SVN and use it. Let me now when you finish testing, I'll release a new version.

I installed this extension but i don´t get pm notifications at all? wtf? smile

greetz Kahmoon

pm_email works with pun_pm 1.2.5.

You can modify pm_email for pun_pm 1.2.6 (released 2 days ago):
1. Open manifest.xml of pm_email.
2. Find the following string (line 119):

<hook id="pun_pm_sent_pre_redirect"><![CDATA[

3. Change "pun_pm_sent_pre_redirect" to "pun_pm_fn_send_message_pre_redirect".
4. Reinstall pm_email.

Thanks for this workaround. Great!

Found bug.
Option "Enable email alerts to be sent when you get a PM" works incorrectly: if i uncheck this option, I'll receive emails, but my recipients will not get emails.

Does this work for anyone in 1.3?

Killerius wrote:

Does this work for anyone in 1.3?

It works with 1.3.4 but there was a bug - turning off emails in user profile did not work. here is a fixed version: http://www.androidbg.com/forum/extensions/pm_email.zip

Tryed to install on 1.3.5, but after install going to settings i got error messages. Is it running on that version, or did somebody an update for that extension ?

demo-world wrote:

Tryed to install on 1.3.5, but after install going to settings i got error messages. Is it running on that version, or did somebody an update for that extension ?

What error messages? What version of pun_pm do you have?

Sorry, my fault, was a problem with my ftp programm, now it seems to working fine. I used your uploaded file.

24 (edited by KANekT 2012-04-14 17:28)

for 1.4.*
https://github.com/downloads/KANekT/Pun … _1.2.0.zip

fix Error
add Russian lang

Thank you, it works!

I had to add the line

$forum_db->query_build($query);

in manifest.xml otherwise the first request was not executed :

<install><![CDATA[
        $query = array(
           'INSERT'  => 'conf_name, conf_value',
           'INTO'    => 'config',
           'VALUES'  => '\'o_pm_email_enable\', \'1\'' 
        );
        $forum_db->query_build($query);

if(!$forum_db->field_exists('users', 'enable_pm_email'))
            $forum_db->add_field('users', 'enable_pm_email', 'TINYINT(1)', false, 1);

]]></install>