Topic: [request] hide links when no new/active posts are present

It's all in the title...

I wonder if there is a way to hide the "New Posts" and the "Active Topics" links when their return values are zero.

Re: [request] hide links when no new/active posts are present

If those values are zero your forums aren't busy enough and you should focus on getting more traffic. Also, I LIKE to see those links even if the result is zero because at least I have a way of finding out if there has been any recent activity.

esupergood wrote:

If those values are zero your forums aren't busy enough and you should focus on getting more traffic. Also, I LIKE to see those links even if the result is zero because at least I have a way of finding out if there has been any recent activity.

yep... I know I have to work on traffic to the forum. the extension request is not to permanently hide the buttons but to hide them ONLY if there are no new posts or active topics.

esupergood wrote:

Also, I LIKE to see those links even if the result is zero because at least I have a way of finding out if there has been any recent activity.

That's why he posted in extension requests. Not everyone has the same preferences, hence the extensions system.

Matt, thanks:)

I guess there is no one else interested in this.