Topic: Whats the security token do?

I'm asking because its happening all the time it seems. We click CONFIRM and it pops up again. I'd like to know what it does before I try and figure out how to remove it from the pages.

Re: Whats the security token do?

A security token is needed to avoid CSRF. You can turn it off, but it is not recommended, because it will decrease the security of your forum.

jasondore wrote:

We click CONFIRM and it pops up again.

You mean that after the confirmation of the token, the form appeared again and you couldn't finish your action?

How can it be turned off? Got a link?
I think I tried to turn it off once but I still get the message VERY regularly

Jason, the good news is that the token message is a bug that mostly affects admin accounts. I don't think your standard members will be seeing the security token message as often as you.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as security is in place to stop spambots registering then I'd rather not have the security token feature.

esupergood wrote:

How can it be turned off? Got a link?
I think I tried to turn it off once but I still get the message VERY regularly

Jason, the good news is that the token message is a bug that mostly affects admin accounts. I don't think your standard members will be seeing the security token message as often as you.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as security is in place to stop spambots registering then I'd rather not have the security token feature.

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … -the-time/

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.