Re: Attachment extension

Programming-Designs wrote:

Okay, so I looked through the code and I found that viewtopic.php doesn't seem to have a hook that is located above the signature area (but below the posters message). I created my own hook and placed it on line 499/500:

($hook = get_hook('vt_row_msg_after')) ? eval($hook) : null;

Then I modified the manifest.xml file to use that hook rather than the vt_row_pre_display hook (line 684):

<hook id="vt_row_msg_after"><![CDATA[

Now I got it how I want it: http://forums.programming-designs.com/post/5707/#p5707 smile

I'd suggest in the next update for PunBB to add another hook in the place I made mine (line 499/500 of viewtopic.php) as it could be very useful for other extensions too I assume.

Okay, I apparently am not getting this...editing code is not my strong suit.  I thought that I changed the lines like you mentioned but my result was no different than before.

OnyxTalk.com - Peer to Peer Support & Discussion

ScottyDoo wrote:

Okay, I apparently am not getting this...editing code is not my strong suit.  I thought that I changed the lines like you mentioned but my result was no different than before.

Did you make sure to upload/reinstall the attachment extension and re-upload viewtopic.php after making those changes? Basically what I did was add my own custom defined hook into viewtopic.php where I wanted the code to be executed and changed the hook id in the manifest.xml to match the newly created hook from viewtopic.php.

Programming-Designs wrote:

Did you make sure to upload/reinstall the attachment extension and re-upload viewtopic.php after making those changes? Basically what I did was add my own custom defined hook into viewtopic.php where I wanted the code to be executed and changed the hook id in the manifest.xml to match the newly created hook from viewtopic.php.

I re-uploaded them, what I'm not sure about is that I edited the lines properly.

You said:

I created my own hook and placed it on line 499/500

Does this mean you took that the code you showed here and replaced both lines 499 and 500 with it, or did you insert it after line 499?  Or something else?  I'm not exactly sure. That's what I'm confused about...and the same thing with the manifest. 

I'm one of those people that apparently needs to have someone hold my hand with specifics when editing code. Sorry!

54 (edited by ScottyDoo 2009-02-23 10:18)

Okay, I actually think I got it...I did NOT literally reinstall the extension, that made a huge difference smile

http://imgur.com/AHO

Another bug is that there is no Add File and Delete words in lang folder with translation. You have to manually edit it in manifest.xml.

By they way it looks bad for me.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9938/63388948.jpg

56 (edited by Programming-Designs 2009-02-23 18:32)

ScottyDoo wrote:

Okay, I actually think I got it...I did NOT literally reinstall the extension, that made a huge difference smile

http://imgur.com/AHO

Great smile. Yeah sorry I couldn't explain better.

Hello,
I am newbie in punbb, but after reading almost whole posts here (well, not all, but many maaany) I created my own forum with some modifications.
I was especcialy interested in attachmend mod and was soooo happy to finnaly after half day add to my forum.
But even if I can attach things, see, download unfortunately I am not able to enter in admin panel sad
It says
The error occurred on line 76 in /mnt/sda6/rsync/hdirs/..../www/forum/extensions/pun_attachment/pun_list_attach.php

Database reported: SQL logic error or missing database (Errno: 1).

What problem can it be?
Maybe something with permissions?

My second request is, if in this mod it is possibile to see attachments in some bigger size, like small thums?
Or maybe there is, but in admin panel, when I still did not enter?

Thank you so much in advance for reply and sorry for my bad english! smile

58 (edited by jacofan 2009-03-06 14:06)

Hi guys!
I have just upgraded to 1.3, and this extension would be very very useful, but there is a strange bug, at least in the case of my forum... if I start a new topic with an attachment, the attachment of the first post doesn't appear... roll in the second and the next posts everything works fine, but only in the first post there is nothing... any idea, how to fix it? or any updates fixing this bug? or at least is here anybody, who has the same problem?
thx very much

I've seen this too. What I did was to create a new topic, the upload a file. But before posting it, I previewed it. Then when it was posted the file was not visible in the topic. When checking the attachements folder, the file was uploaded.

When will be released the final version of this extension? It's only beta yet, am I right?

ok; installed extension (checked it out of svn then run the install via manage extensions).

I've tried uploading attachments but while no error is generated no file is uploaded sad

The attachments folder is as follows after two attempts to upload (a jpg file)

drwsrwsrwt 5 arimus arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:47 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 arimus arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:35 ..
-rwsrwsrwt 1 arimus arimus   60 Apr 26 13:35 .htaccess
drwsrwsrwt 6 arimus arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:35 .svn
drwxr-s--- 2 nobody arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:47 a81b1df9e70784dcf6da3445070f81aa
drwxr-x--- 2 nobody nobody 4096 Apr 26 13:38 abcd36813978a8687a056fe1daaccf84
-rwsrwsrwt 1 arimus arimus  104 Apr 26 13:35 index.html
-jailshell-3.2$ ls -la a81b1df9e70784dcf6da3445070f81aa/
total 16
drwxr-s--- 2 nobody arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:47 .
drwsrwsrwt 5 arimus arimus 4096 Apr 26 13:47 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody arimus   60 Apr 26 13:47 .htaccess
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody arimus  104 Apr 26 13:47 index.html

Looking at the code, couple of questions...
1. Where is the list of allowed file types defined and 2. Where is the maximum size defined - I can see where they are checked but not the definition of them...

After having read this topic I am not exactly sure whether this extension works with 1.3.3. at all and (more or less) faultlessly on top. As I will need this extension for a forum in near future (<3 Weeks), I'd like to know whether there is any use in waiting or whether I should just go and see about a different forum software.

Arimus, what is the version of your forum?

Arimus wrote:

1. Where is the list of allowed file types defined

There is a list of files that are always denied now. To change it, go to <FORUM_URL>/admin/settings.php?section=pun_attach

Arimus wrote:

2. Where is the maximum size defined

There is no option for limiting the size of a file. It is limited by an option in PHP.

Thanks, fixed - my webserver was playing silly buggers smile

65 (edited by KeyDog 2009-04-28 10:48)

@Okeanos: I have used it on 1.3.2 (1.3.3 will work aswell)
Of the 130 people who downloaded it from my link earlier in this topic only minority have had the problem of attachments not being added smoothly it seems.  I''ve also had the same problem as jacofan with it though. I always get the attachment after 2nd try, but it can be annoying.
But if you're serious about choosing a forum you should test it first hand...

Okeanos wrote:

After having read this topic I am not exactly sure whether this extension works with 1.3.3. at all and (more or less) faultlessly on top. As I will need this extension for a forum in near future (<3 Weeks), I'd like to know whether there is any use in waiting or whether I should just go and see about a different forum software.

Adaptation for 1.3.3 and fixing bugs of the extension is in process now. The release of pun_attachment will take place in 2,5-3 weeks.

Slavok wrote:

Adaptation for 1.3.3 and fixing bugs of the extension is in process now. The release of pun_attachment will take place in 2,5-3 weeks.

Nice, looking forward wink

Nice to hear smile

So far on my relatively clean 1.3.3 (I used to use evebb which was a punbb fork designed for the eve in-game browser) the attachment feature is now working as it should do since I sorted the server side issues out. Just done some testing and both admins and users can upload,download,preview files and admins can delete.

I would have a request. I would like to see an option to send the attachment by e-mail. I mean if somebody uploads an attachment, a visitor maybe doesn't want to download it immediately, he/she just wants to send it to his/her mailbox or to a friend, who is not a member of the forum. There would be a field for the e-mail address(es) and a field for a short message. Is this possible?

hi,

sorry but i am litlle confused ... smile

i am trying to install attachments extension, but i keep getting most strange errors ...
... everything else of forum works just fine.
Where can i find last version of attachment extension? The one that i created from svn - manually downloaded files - is not ok.

what is now the correct procedure to install ext.?

Thanks for Your help,
blajo

72 (edited by Rich 2009-05-08 07:30)

I may be stupid... but how do I download the extension? smile

EDIT: Hmm, I think I figured it out: http://punbb.informer.com/trac/changese … format=zip

Hmmm.

73 (edited by blajo987 2009-05-08 07:32)

Rich wrote:

I may be stupid... but how do I download the extension? smile

same here ... big_smile

is there a simple way to install this extension? any hint will be highly appreciated ...

Thanks,
b

edit:
THANKS! Downloadnig ...

Hmm, I cant attach a 11 MB big MP3 file... it just goes blank and back to post reply page...

Hmmm.

You can download it from SVN.