Topic: Banning of yourself

Dunno if this really is a bug or it's feature. But, should admins and mods have the abillity to ban themself. In my point of view it's a bug smile

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

Re: Banning of yourself

Admins can't be banned. If I try to ban myself, I get:

"The user Rickard is an administrator and can't be banned. If you want to ban an administrator, you must first demote him/her to moderator or user."

I guess the fact that moderators can ban other moderators could be a nuisance if someone has appointed an asshole as moderator, but as long as the administrators are protected, I wouldn't call it a bug.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Admins can't be banned. If I try to ban myself, I get:

"The user Rickard is an administrator and can't be banned. If you want to ban an administrator, you must first demote him/her to moderator or user."

I guess the fact that moderators can ban other moderators could be a nuisance if someone has appointed an asshole as moderator, but as long as the administrators are protected, I wouldn't call it a bug.

Well, what I mean is this: If i'm logged in as an moderator I can ban myself. Well not much of a bug either way, just feelt that I should point it out smile

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

If you want to ban yourself, I think you should be allowed to do that :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

If you want to ban yourself, I think you should be allowed to do that big_smile

Hehe, you're right, if a moderator is stupid enough to ban themself they should feel the consequences of their own actions big_smile

dR slIzer wrote:
Rickard wrote:

If you want to ban yourself, I think you should be allowed to do that big_smile

Hehe, you're right, if a moderator is stupid enough to ban themself they should feel the consequences of their own actions big_smile

Stupid enough? What if you did it for fun before, as an admin...and simply remove it through MySQL? smile

uh I did this to myself because I was bored.  My first name/admin name (RR) gave me the "cant ban" message so I signed on a different name with admin rights, moved my original name (RR) to normal poster(not admin) and banned it. Now I am banned on both accounts. I deleted the ban/name in php my admin. No joy. Stuck in limbo due to too much booze and boredom

ok this is no longer funny. I removed my name from the ban list in phpmyadmin but cant login because it says Im banned. Is there a cache or something I needed to delete? What else do I need to do?

hhahahahaha

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

10 (edited by TFD 2009-05-12 15:22)

SuperMAG wrote:

hhahahahaha

Thanks for the help!

I fixed it

sorry, could stop my self. you didn't even bother to do backup. if you did, even old one, just grab you user sittings and replace it with the current one if you know how to deal with mysql. smile

TFD wrote:

Is there a cache or something I needed to delete?

Yes, there is cache with forum bans ("<FORUM_ROOT>/cache/cache_bans.php")

Slavok wrote:

Yes, there is cache with forum bans ("<FORUM_ROOT>/cache/cache_bans.php")

Thank you. I solved it by logging in to a separate admin account using a proxy. I had to ban then unban my account since I emptied the ban in php then I just clicked "regenerate all cache files"I think this is a plugin so people may want to have that

SuperMAG wrote:

sorry, could stop my self. you didn't even bother to do backup. if you did, even old one, just grab you user sittings and replace it with the current one if you know how to deal with mysql. smile

My database is huge. I dont back it up I let the host do that

Uhmmm... somewhat (totally) off-topic:

Why can I see Rickard's IP as 127.0.0.1 as a guest???

FluxBB - v1.4.8

16 (edited by SuperMAG 2009-05-13 15:04)

lie2815 wrote:

sometimes it happens like that, i see my ip that in my forum.

TFD wrote:

My database is huge. I dont back it up I let the host do that

just curious, what is your forum link. How does punbb deal with the hosting resources.

SuperMAG wrote:
lie2815 wrote:

sometimes it happens like that, i see my ip that in my forum.

Muppet. Not unless you're logged in as admin/mod you can't.

well if u check closely, he wrote it in : From: 127.0.0.1 (i first though only he can see it)