Topic: Hebrew lang pack

hey.
i just downloaded the newest punbb forum, which is 1.3.4
i installed it and also installed hebrew pack, from http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
i switched the language to hebrew in the administration panel after the installation, but nothing changed.
what can i do?
smile

2 (edited by RB 2009-07-11 07:59)

Re: Hebrew lang pack

Try to switch it in your profile panel also.
Guests and new users will see hebrew automatically.

it helped, i mean it switched, but the translation doesn't fit the new version, i think because it doesn't work...
should i install previous version of the forum? or there newer translations somewhere?

I would not recommend you to downgrade to PunBB 1.2. You can create your own hebrew language pack for 1.3.4 version instead and share it with others then :-)

i thought about it, but don''t really know how to do it smile

6 (edited by RB 2009-07-11 11:47)

Make a copy of "/lang/English" folder and rename it to "/lang/Hebrew", for example. You'll see a bunch of php-files there. The only thing you have to do then is to translate the second column of each of these php-files. Tpl-files in "/lang/Hebrew/mail_templates" should be translated, too.

but in hebrew, i also should switch the direction from ltr to rtl, and change all the margins and padding and etc. in the css file, like i did in my wp theme which i translated smile
where i should do it?

Hi.
I almost finished translating, and will happy to share it with others. I also converted the oxygen template into hebrew mode, i mean rtl.

2 questions.
1. i cant find where i should translate New messages, that is on the top.
2. are the any other templates for punBB, except the oxygen?

tacchi wrote:

1. i cant find where i should translate New messages, that is on the top.

This link added by pun_pm extension, it is not in forum core.

tacchi wrote:

2. are the any other templates for punBB, except the oxygen?

Besides the Oxygen style, there is Informer style.

Ok. after i finished the translation i fund some problems.
when i press on User List it goes to some empty page, and when i press New Posts on the index page, near the forum name, it also sends me to some empty page. if i switch the lang back to english everything works fine

Perhaps, there is some errors in your lang pack (missed ",", ' or whatever) in lang arrays.